Varsity Cross Country
XC Practice is at Doherty Today Wednesday August 21 from 3:31-5:30.
DO NOT GO TO PALMER PARK WEDNESDAY
XC Week 2 August 19-24
- Monday: @ Doherty for Carver Tempo Loops, Will report out your goals, finish with family challenge family name, and school song
- Tuesday: @Doherty for recovery run and abs
- Wednesday: @ Meet at Greencrest entrance of Palmer Park located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs for hill repeats
- Thursday: @Doherty Pre-Meet then Pasta Party Location TBA
- Friday: Cheyenne Mountain Stampede at Penrose Equestrian Center. One way bus leaves school at 10:30. Athletes picked up at 5:00pm Meet sheet located at https://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4474876
- Saturday: Mandatory practice at Garden of the Gods. Meet in Kissing Camels Parking Lot at 7:45am we will be done by 9:15am
RESULTS NEVER ALONE 5K
Doherty Sports Team Challenge Results
1st place Boys Soccer
2nd place Football
3rd place Boys Basketball
XC Week 1
Monday: First day of practice at Doherty 3:31-5:30
Tuesday: @ Doherty will run over to Carver for K's 3:31-5:30
Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:31-5:30
Thursday: @ Doherty 3:31-5:30 then Parent Meeting in Auditorium at 6:00pm
Friday: Practice at Monument Valley Park North 3:45-5:30 We also need 4 volunteers to work the concession stand at the football game at Garry Berry. Arrive by 6:00pm
Saturday: Team arrives at Monument Valley North by 6:30am to help set up then warm up for the scrimmage. Scrimmage begins at 7:30. The fundraiser race for parents family Doherty kids and the public 8:05. Everyone stays until after clean up, awards, and community picture.
Week 9 Pre-Season
All paper work and fees for the Fall season are due by Friday August 9 3:15pm. If your paper work is not in by this time, you will miss the first week of practice and will not be able to compete in the Scrimmage on August 17, thus WILL NOT RUN VARSITY in the first meet.
- Monday: @Doherty 8-9:15am
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 8-9:15 am
- Wednesday: @Doherty 8-9:15am
- Thursday: @ Doherty 8-9:15am
- Friday-Sunday: Run on your own
XC Week 9 Pre Season 2 Weeks Until Season
Get you paperwork in for the season between 7:30am and 3:00pm in the next two weeks.
- Monday: 8:00am @ Doherty 40 minute run, 6 strides, ABS Evening run 20 minutes on own
- Tuesday: 8:00am @ Doherty for hill run through Old Farm Evening run 20 minutes on own
- Wednesday: 8:00am @ Doherty 40 minute run, 6 strides, ABS Evening run 20 minutes on own
- Thursday: 8:00am @ Monument Valley North
- Friday-Saturday: On own and LOG Your Runs
XC Week 8 Pre-Season
You may begin turning in you paperwork and fee for the Fall season this Monday. You will have three weeks to do so.
All athletes completing the five practices Monday-Wednesday will be eligible to go to WaterWorld on Thursday.
- Monday: @ Doherty 8am-9:15am and 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Tuesday: @Greencrest located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs 8:00am-9:15am and at DHS 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Wednesday: Meet at the Eastern most end of Memorial Park in Manitou Springs at 5:30am. We will take the shuttle to the incline. We should be back at Memorial Park by 9:00am for you to be picked up or leave Manitou
- Thursday: Meet at Doherty 8:00am. Pay your $40 in the Business Office then we will leave at 8:30 from the East lot for WaterWorld. Bring extra money for snacks and dinner on the way home. Pack snacks, sunscreen, towel, clothes to wear on the way home. We should be back at Doherty after 7:00pm
- Friday-Saturday: run on your own.
XC Pre-Season Week 7
Great week on your road to PR's and for our team to reach new heights. Remember to run on Friday-Sunday when we don't meet and log everything online to our App.
Monday: @ DHS 8:00am-9:15am 45 minutes plus 6 strides. Evening run on own 25 minutes
Tuesday: @Red Rock Canyon 8:00am- 9:15am Tempo Hills
Wednesday: @DHS 8:00am-9:15am 45 minutes plus 6 strides then 25 minutes on own in evening
Thursday: @ MVP North 8:00am-9:15am Speed workout
Friday: On own 50 minutes in the morning then 25 minutes in the evening
Saturday: On own Long Run 60-85 minutes finishing your run with 4x400 @5k pace
Sunday: 30 minute easy shakeout run or recovery in pool if feeling sore.
XC Pre-Season Week 6
Great week last week. You guys killed it. Those who are on vacation probably killed it too. Don't forget that our workouts are posted at https://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4474876 This week is a big week for us as we are just a month away from our season beginning.
Monday: @ Doherty 8:00am-9:15am
Tuesday: @ Greencrest Entrance to Palmer Park, (Remember to not bring anything of value with you. If you do, carry with you to our hill repeat location on Lazy Land Road) 8:00am-9:15am
Wednesday: @ Doherty 8:00am-9:15am
Thursday: @ Monument Valley North 8:00am-9:30am
Friday: Run with Cheyenne Mountain and Air Academy 7:15am Location TBD or on your own
Saturday: Run with Cheyenne Mountain and Air Academy 7:15am Location TBD or on your own
XC Pre-Season Week 5
Monday: @ Doherty 8:00am-9:15am
Tuesday: @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park 8:00am-9:15am at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs. We will have one coach staying with the cars. Keep all valuables at home.
Wednesday: @ Doherty 8:00am-9:15am
Thursday: Run on your own or sign up for the Palmer Lake 4th of July Race at Palmer Lake Regional Park 7:00am. Here's a link https://runsignup.com/Race/CO/PalmerLake/PalmerLakeJuly4FunRun
Friday: On your own
Saturday: Neilson 2 Mile Challenge at Monument Valley Park North at 8:00am race start time https://pprrun.org/events/Nielson
XC Pre-Season Week 4
Monday: @ Doherty 8-9am 25-40 minutes depending on fitness (BASE)
Tuesday: @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs 8-9:15am (HILLS)
Wednesday: @ Doherty 8-9am 25-40 minutes depending on fitness (BASE)
Thursday: @ Monument Valley Park North located at Fontanero and Culebra. Remember that Fontanero is only accesible from the East side of MVP North. 8-9:15am (Tempo 2k's)
Friday: On your own 30- 40 minutes easy (BASE)
Saturday: On your own 45- 70 minute long run (BASE)
XC Pre Season Week 3
Don't forget to log your miles on run2win. Keep building that base. Anyone interested in running to get in shape for other sports is welcome to join us.
Monday: @ Doherty 8-9AM
Tuesday: @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park 8-9AM. Located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs. Take Austin Bluffs West past Meadowland to the first left after Dunkin Donuts.
Wed: @Doherty 8-9AM
Thursday: @Doherty 8-9AM
Friday and Saturday: Captains Practices TBA
XC Week 2 Pre-Season
- Monday-Thursday: Meet at Doherty 8:00am-9:00am
XC Pre Season Week 1
Monday-Thursday: 8:00AM Meet at Doherty on the Hill located off the East Parking Lot overlooking the track. We will finish by 9:00AM
Captains practices 6:00pm later in the week based off of which Seniors are able to lead these evening runs.