Varsity Cross Country
"Good Players Inspire Themselves, Great Players Inspire Others."
Remember that you are a part of "The Team" Inspire your teammates this week.
Study tables Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for anyone on the list posted outside the coaches office, the same list read out twice last week at practice, and the same list that the Athletic Department has posted on Dohertyathletics.org. If you have at least one D as of Wednesday Morning April 3, you have study tables. If you miss one day of study tables, you are ineligible this week to compete
- Monday: @DHS 3:25-5:30
- Tuesday: @ Garry Berry Stadium 3:30-5:30
- osh Soph Meet at Echo Park Stadium, bus leaves at Noon from the East Lot. Also a JV Meet in Canon City. This bus leaves at 1:15 from the East Lot. Varsity practice at DHS 3:30-5:30
- Thursday: @DHS 3:25-5:30
- Friday: Mitchell Marauder Meet at Garry Berry Stadium, 11:00am Field Events Begin. Noon Running Events Begin. Athletes competing are excused after second period to find their own ride to the Stadium. If you are not in this meet, stay in school and come to the meet if you want to watch, after school
- Saturday: NO PRACTICE, REST
- Wednesday: Fr
Those who have earned their spot to the Las Vegas Track Classic, the Buses Leave at 4:00am, arrive by 3:45am East Lot
T&F Week 5 Spring Break Week
Congratulations to fantastic performances last week at three different meets. Everyone who was eligible and took care of business in the classroom and at practice competed in at least one meet last week. Here are few few reminders as we enter week 5:
- If you are entered in a meet, you are to stay through the 4x4 to cheer your team and let your team know that no one is bigger than the team.
- Only athletes entered in the meet are required to attend the meet, all other athletes are encouraged to attend to support their teammates.
- Only athletes entered in meets where a bus is provided, will ride the bus to the meet.
This Week's Schedule
Monday: Practice at Garry Berry 10:00-Noon
Tuesday: Practice at Garry Berry 10:00-Noon
Wed: Bus leaves for Las Vegas at 4:00am from the East Lot. The 20 athletes competing in Las Vegas are limited to one duffle bag or suitcase and one backpack
Wednesday: Practice at Garry Berry 10-Noon for everyone else
Thursday: Practice at Garry Berry 10-Noon, Las Vegas competitors practice at UNLV Noon-2:00
Friday: No Practice
Saturday: No Practice Las Vegas Meet begins at 9:00am
Thursday No School No Practice. Events will be posted under files on this website by Friday morning. They will also be posted by Friday Lunch outside the coaches office
Friday's practice is at Doherty 3:25-5:00
Saturday: 6:45 Activity Bus leaves East lot for the boy sprinters and the coed distance crew going to Pueblo
Everyone else meet at Harrison High School at 8:30 for the Panther Invite
T&F Week 3 Update
Wednesday March 13 NO PRACTICE
Thursday March 14 Practice at Doherty Meet in Cafeteria at 3:25
JV Meet Wednesday March 13 Has Been Canceled. We will practice at Doherty in the halls on Wednesday.
Las Vegas Meet
All athletes who have met standards and have cleared it through their coaches have been invited to this meet. This Saturday is the last day to qualify for this meet.
$300 is due by Wed. March 20. If you pay, but do not qualify, we will return your money after March 20.
Fill out all required paperwork at VEGAS TRACK CLASSIC REQUIRED PERMISSION AND HEALTH FORMS
T&F Week 3 March 11-16
Congratulations to the Girls for their Pikes Peak Invite Championship and to the Boys for their second place finish. It was a team effort. It was awesome to see so many athletes who weren't slotted to compete, still show up to support their team and to be ready should their team need them. It was a true We Before Me. Results of the meet are posted at MEET RESULTS AT CO.MILESPLIT.COM
Monday: Practice at GARRY BERRY 1:00pm-3:00pm, Parent meeting at 6:30 in the auditorium
Tuesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
Wednesday: JV Meet at Garry Berry, bus for those who don't have a ride leaves at 2:15. Get your own ride home around 5:30pm There is a good chance it may be canceled. If it is, we have practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
Thursday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:30-5:30 weather permitting. Check with your events coach to see if they want you to practice at Doherty.
Friday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30 pre-meet
Saturday: Harrison Panther Invite at Harrison High School. Meet sheet will be posted one Harrison sends the details of the meet to us. The team is to meet at the stadium at 7:45am. Reminder, athletes are to stay through the end of the 4x4. We encourage those not in the meet to attend the meet, but do not require it.
Heat Sheets are Posted for March 9
Go to "TEAM FILES" or Click here for the MARCH 9 HEAT SHEET
Reminder, whenever D11 is closed for any reason, all events are canceled as well The Parent Athlete Meeting is Postponed to Monday March 11 6:30 PM. Sorry for any confusion.
Track&Field Week 2
Monday: @Doherty 3:25-5:30 Meet in the Cafeteria, NOT AT GARRY BERRY Parent Meeting 6:30pm-7:30pm in the Auditorium
Tuesday: @Doherty 3:25-5:30 for those not in scrimmage. IF SCRIMMAGE IS CANCELED those athletes will also practice at school , Everyone Meets in the cafeteria
Wednesday: @Doherty 3:25-5:30 Fundraiser begins at 5:00pm
Thursday: @Doherty 3:25-4:30 5 of 7 coaches have Parent Teacher Conferences 4:30-7:30
Friday: @ Garry Berry sharing the track with Coronado 3:30-5:30
Saturday: Pikes Peak Invite @Garry Berry. Check meet sheet for arrival time and tentative schedule. This will be posted once the meet director posts it.
Las Vegas Track Meet
This is open to athletes who competed last season and meet the qualifying times. Coaches have already contacted those athletes and have given them the information sheet for this meet.
Athletes can still qualify up to and including the Harrison Meet.
Athletes from last season must reserve their spot with $150 deposit by Friday March 9. The final $150 is due on March 20.
If there is room after March 9 we will open it up to those who qualify this season and to Freshman and Sophomores who want to run in the Frosh/Soph meet the night before the Varsity meet. A full $300 will be due March 20.
Week 1 Update
Saturday's intra-squad scrimmage has been changed to a practice.
@ Garry Berry Stadium
Track&Field Week 1
Welcome to the 2019 Doherty Track&Field Season.
Bring any paper work with receipt from the Business Office to practice on Monday. Reminder that you must attend practices to compete in meets. if you are absent you must notify coach Duensing with a note from your parent or have them email me at email@example.com Excused absences do not allow you to run in upcoming meet, but will be taken into consideration.
Monday: First Day of practice. Meet on the hill behind the school overlooking the track. 3:25-5:30
Tuesday: Practice at Garry Berry Stadium 3:30-5:30 you must find your own ride
Wednesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
Thursday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
Friday: Practice at Garry Berry Stadium 3:30-5:30
Saturday: Intra-squad Scrimmage at Garry Berry Stadium 9:00am-12:00pm DO NOT BE LATE. WARM UP BEGINS AT 9:00AM
Track Pre Season Week 7
- Monday: practice on own
- Tuesday: at DHS
- Wednesday: at DHS
- Thursday: at DHS
- FRIDAY. LAST DAY TO TURN PAPER WORK INTO OFFICE
- Monday: @DHS 3:30-5:00
- Tuesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:00
- Wed: @DHS 3:30-5:00
- Thur: @ DHS 3:30-5:00
- Fri-Sat: Run on own
Turn in paperwork for Spring season. Physicals and payment are due February 22
LAST CALL FOR TRACK APPAREL STORE IT CLOSES TONIGHTS
Pre- Season Week 4 : 3 weeks until Spring Season
- Monday: @ DHS 3:30-5:00 Business Office starts taking Registration and Payment for the Springs Season
- Tuesday: @ DHS Apparel Orders are due tonight APPAREL ORDER
- Wednesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:00
- Thursday: @DHS 3:30-5:00
- Friday: On your own
- Saturday: On your Own
- Sunday: Off
Doherty Track & Field Store Closes on Tuesday Feb.5
Get your unique track apparel now at TRACK&FIELD APPAREL
Track Pre-Season Week 3
Monday: Run on your own, Sprinters 30 minutes easy, Distance check the workout calendar under files.
Tuesday: At Doherty inside. 3:30-5:00
Wednesday: At Doherty inside 3:30-5:00
Thursday: At Doherty Inside 3:30-5:00
Friday: On your own
Saturday: On your own
Sunday: USATF Indoor state championships at the Air Force Academy MEET INFORMATION
Track Pre-Season Week 2 January 14-19
Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:00
Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:00
Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:00
Thursday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:00
Friday: On your own. Put in a Base run of at least 30 minutes
Saturday : On your own. Pre-meet or if not competing Sunday, Hill workout or the incline.
Sunday: @ Air Force Academy. Sign up for the meet and pay using information USATF All Comers Meet Registration and Meet Information
Cross Country Follow Up
Again, thank you parents, grandparents, and athletes of the Doherty cross country family for another successful season where 96% of the team had a P.R. at the final meet of the season. It's time to get ready for Spring track as we begin January 8 after school stretching out the legs and easing into the regular season.
We do still have unfinished business for some of you. After requesting uniforms and bags since the end of October, I have put the following athletes on obligation. Bag, Singlet, Shorts, Quarter Zip Warm Up Top
The school wide obligation list keeps you from joining anymore sports, dances, prom, or getting your cap and gown.
If your name is on the list, please come by my office and sign your obligation form. If you dropped it in my office over the last month, please come clear your name.
- Noah Elliott
- Brian Kalbach
- Kaden Mahoney
- Christian Olmstead
- Ian Prieditis
- Ethan Roberts
- Gustavo Sanchez
- Jeff Wastler
- Avery Whitesell
- Max Whittemore
- Orion Wilson
- Kaitlin Brannen
- Tori Good
- Kira Reckel
- Celia Rigby
- Carmel Thompson
- Kiley West
- Haley Ybarra
- Navjana Jenkins
- Ryan Schmidt
Off Season Track Begins January 8
After school meeting in the social studies hallway outside room 118 at 3:25
Cost is $15 which includes a long sleeve track practice shirt
Turn in XC Uniforms, Warm Up, and Bag
The following athletes have not handed in their uniform, warm up or bag. Please put your name in your bag with your items and drop them off in Mr. Duensing's class room 118 or his office. Obligations will be issued after Thanksgiving: Warm Up $40, singlet $30, Shorts$25, Bag $45
- Chris Colbert: Everything
- Ben Courtright: Warm Up and singlet
- Noah Elliott: Everything
- Brian Kalbach: Everything
- Kaden Mahoney: Everything
- Christian Olmstead: Warm Up
- Ian Prieditis: Everything
- Ethan Roberts: Everything
- Jeff Wastler: Everything
- Avery Whitesell: Everything
- Max Whittemore: Everything
- Orion Wilson: Everything
- Gustavo Sanchez: Warm up
- Kaitlin Brannen: Everything
- Gema Cabera Vidal: Everything
- Tori Good: Everything
- Malissa Harbican: Everything
- Kira Reckel: Everything
- Celia Rigby: Warm up
- Carmel Thompson: Everything
- Kiley West: Everything
- Haley Ybarra: Everything
- Navjana Jenkins: Singlet
- Ryan Schmidt: Warm Up and Bag
XC Week 13
Congratulations to Rachael Blizzard for finishing in the top half, Mikayla Cox for finishing in the top third, and for Matthew Blizzard for finishing in the top quarter of all runners in the state cross country meet on Saturday.
- Monday: Nothing
- Tuesday: Turn in cleaned and dried uniforms 3:15-3:30 in the storage room located in the health class hallway. Do not turn it in during the school day to your coaches . Off season track for jumpers begins at 3:30 in the weight room
- Wednesday: Off season for jumpers
- Thursday: Off season for jumpers
- Friday: Awards dinner at 5512 Wells Fargo Drive, 5:00pm-7:00pm. families are welcomed, just keep in mind it will be crowded as this is a family home. Each athlete is to bring a dish that serves 8 people.
- 9th and 10th graders: salads (green, pasta, or fruit) and bread
- 11th graders: Main Course
- 12th graders: Desserts, powdered lemonade.
XC Week 12
Congratulation to all Spartan Harriers as they finished strong. Almost every runner had a PR, whether it was a career PR, season PR, or course PR at Monument Valley for Regionals or the JV Championship last week.
We have three Spartans representing Doherty at State this Saturday. Congratulations to Rachael and Matt Blizzard and Mikayla Cox as they finished top ten in 5A Region 5.
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-4:30
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 9:00am-10:00am
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 9:00am-10:00am
- Thursday: @ Doherty 9:00am-10:00am
- Friday: @ Doherty 9:00am-10:00am
- Saturday: State Cross Country Meet at Norris Penrose Equestrian Center . Meet in the East stands at 8:00am. Meet sheet is available under files on this site
The awards dinner will be on Friday November 2 at 5:00pm at Kelli and Josiah's house at
5512 Wells Fargo Drive. Each athlete is to bring a dish to share. The awards dinner information will be posted under files later this week.
XC Week 11 Oct. 15-20
- Monday: Practice @ Doherty 2:00pm-4:30pm we'll have a short fast speed workout, then work the middle school xc meet on our sports fields
- Tuesday: @ Doherty. Pre-meet for JV and recovery short run for Varsity
- Wednesday: JV Championships at Monument Valley Park North. JV kids are released after 6th period to make it to MVP by 3:00. Varsity has pre-meet at school then pasta party at Ian Padilla's house
- Thursday: Regionals at Monument Valley North. Varsity is released after 4th period to make their way to MVP by 1:00pm
- Friday: @Doherty for the whole team
- Saturday: 8:00am at Bear Creek Park East
XC Week 10 Oct 8-13
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30 Speed Work
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:30-4:30 Pre Meet then Pasta Party
- Thursday: CSML @ Fountain Fort Carson Athletes are excused after 4th period. The one way bus leaves Doherty at Noon. Parents, pick up your kids by 4:30 from FFC High School
- Friday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:00
- Saturday: @ Monument Valley North 8:00am-9:30am
Order your team pictures now using the following link
XC Week 9
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30 NOT AT GREENCREST
- Tuesday: @DHS for Elementary XC Meet 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:30
- Thursday: @ DHS 3:30-4:30 then pack up for the Spartan Invite
- Friday: Spartan Invite at Bear Creek Park East. Kids are excused after 4th period to get to Bear Creek East by 12:15
- Saturday: 8:00-9:30am Monument Valley North long run
Cross Country Week 8
Excellent training week last week culminated into a tough fought race for each of you on Thursday Saturday was a good hill long run, so this week we will work hard Monday on speed, then have a long recovery run Tuesday and pre-meet easy on Wednesday prior to the always enjoyably fast and breathtaking course at the Royal Gorge.
- Monday: @Monument Valley Park North 3:30-5:30
- Tuesday: @ Doherty for long recovery run
- Wednesday@ Doherty for Pre-Meet and then the Pasta Party
- Thursday: XC Meet at the Royal Gorge. The bus leaves the East lot at 12:30.. MEET SHEET
- Let parents/spectators know that there will be an admission fee of $17 per person if they choose to go inside the gates to the bridge. This is a $10 discount from regular admission. Tickets can be purchased inside the Visitor’s Center and can be purchased up until 5:00p.m.
- Friday: @Doherty for recovery run
- Saturday: Marathon Workers Meet at Cache La Poudre and Mesa Rd, behind Colorado College at the bridge located at that intersection at 5:45am
- Or the long run practice is at Bear Creek Park East 8:00am-9:30am
XC Week 7: Homecoming Week
Congratulations to our team for a great workout on a tough course Saturday at Air Academy. The strength you gain will help you the rest of the season
- Monday: @ Greencrest 3:40-5:30pm located at Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place
- Tuesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday: Premeet at DHS 3:30-4:30 Then pasta party
- Thursday: Cougar Classic at Monument Valley Park. Athletes are excused after 5th period to get a ride to MVP North. Arrive by 2:00pm Meet sheet located at COUGAR CLASSIC MEET SHEET
- Friday: Short practice, recovery run then kids can head over to the Homecoming game. If you can volunteer to work concession please email Coach Duensing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday: Long run at Red Rock Canyon at 8:00am-9:30am. Directions located at DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICES
XC Week 6
Congratulations to Mikayla Cox for finishing 6th overall in the Division 1 girls race at Liberty Bell. Her 19:11 also places her 9th all time a Doherty. Congratulations to Matt Blizzard for his 5th place finish in the Division 1 boys race at Liberty Bell. This week is our last week for the fundraiser, so please participate if you already haven't.
- Monday: @ Monument Valley Park North located at the corner of Fontanero and Culebra DIRECTIONS TO MVP NORTH3:40-5:30
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @ Doherty, NOT Greencrest
- Thursday: @ Doherty, Recovery run and ice bath
- Friday: @ Doherty, pre-meet then pasta party
- Saturday: Kadet Invitational at Air Academy High School. Meet sheet located at MEET SHEETS
XC Week 5
Congratulations to the Spartan Harriers as the Boys finished 14th out of 28 teams and the Girls finished 17th out of 28 teams. Strong long run on Saturday was a good start to week 5.
Don't forget to turn homework in and keep your grades up. This Wednesday will be the first pull of grades for study tables.
- Monday : On your own, meet up with a team mate and run 30-45 minutes easy
- Tuesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:30 It will be K's at Carver
- Wednesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:30 Recovery and core
- Thursday: @ 3:40-5:30 Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park located at Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place
- Friday: @ DHS 3:30-4:30 Pre-Meet then Pasta Party
- Saturday: Liberty Bell Meet at Heritage High School in Littleton. The bus leaves the East lot at 5:45 am The meet sheet is located at LIBERTY BELL MEET SHEET we will arrive back at Doherty after 2:00 pm
XC Week 4
Excellent first meet at Bear Creek Park on Friday. We learned much and will grow going into Arapahoe this Friday.
- Monday: 3:30-5:30 @ Doherty for speed workout
- Tuesday: 3:30-5:30 @ Doherty, TEAM PICTURES, then recovery run. Pictures will be posted online within 48 hours for you to order for purchase. No payment on Tuesday. Wear your full uniform
- Wednesday: 3:40-5:30 @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park, located at the corner of Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICES
- Thursday: 3:30-4:30 @ Doherty, Pre-Meet then Pasta Party. Directions to pasta party will be given at practice.
- Friday: Arapahoe Meet at DeKoevend Park in Littleton. The meet sheet is located @ ARAPAHOE MEET SHEET AND ALL OTHER MEET SHEETS Athletes are excused at 1:00pm from classes, to meet at the East parking lot outside the gym doors. The Bus will leave at 1:15. Get changed before boarding the bus. Bring, sunscreen, food, money for dinner, extra toilet paper (they run out of it in the porta potties), and bring lots of water. We will arrive back after 9:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00AM - 9:30AM @ Woodmen Park and Ride on the corner of Woodmen and Corporate DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICE. We will run the Santa Fe Trail North through the Air Force Academy.
Thank you to everyone for a successful scrimmage and benefit run on Saturday.
- Monday: @ Doherty
- Tuesday: @ Doherty Fundraiser Kickoff
- Wednesday: @ Palmer Park Greencrest Entrance at Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place at 3:45
- Thursday: @ Doherty Pre-meet and Pasta Party
- Friday: XC Meet at Penrose Equestrian Center Meet sheet at MEET SHEET Bus leaves East parking lot at 11:30am No bus home. Pick up your kids after 5:45pm
- Saturday: @ Garden of the Gods Main Lot/ AKA Kissing Camels Lot 7:50am Shoe day at Colorado Running Company on Nevada in University Shopping Center
XC Week 2
We are in need of two adult volunteers to work the Football Concession stand Friday night 5:00pm-7:30pm East Concession at Garry Berry.
- Monday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Tuesday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Thursday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Friday:@Monument Valley Park North on the corner of Fontanero and Culebra 3:45-5:00pm
- Saturday: Scrimmage and Benefit Run @Monument Valley North (MVP) 6:30am-10:30am Athletes stay until the park is clean and the team has had our "team break"
XC Week 1
Welcome to the 2018 Doherty Cross Country season. After a summer of running four days a week together, we now have six days a week together. IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED WITH THE BUSINESS OFFICE, YOU MAY DO SO NOW, MONDAY- THURSDAY AUGUST 9, 7:30AM-3:30PM. You may not practice until that paper work is turned in. All you need to know for this season is posted at dohertyathletics.org follow the link below SEASON CALENDAR, TEAM SCHEDULE, TEAM GUIDELINES POSTED HERE
- Monday: @ DHS on the hill overlooking the East side of the track, 3:30-5:30. First day of practice, turn in your receipt and emergency contact form to your coaches.
- Tuesday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Thursday: @DHS 3:30-5:30 PARENT MEETING AT 6:30 IN THE GYM
- Friday: @DHS 3:30-5:30
- Saturday: @Garden of the Gods 7:50AM. We start running at 8:00am. NORTH PARKING LOT/CENTRAL GARDEN PARKING LOT/KISSING CAMELS PARKING LOT/ IT'S THE MAIN PARKING LOT AFTER YOU ENTER THE GARDEN FROM 30TH STREET.
XC Camp Week
There is no cost to camp except your Time, Effort, and Attitude (TEA time).
- Monday: 6:00AM @ Palmer Park Maizeland Entrance (Main Entrance Parking Lot) 6:00AM-7:30AM
6:00PM @ Monument Valley North (Fontanero and Culebra) 6:00PM-7:30PM
- Tuesday: 5:30AM @ Manitou Springs Memorial Park West End. We will leave the lot to climb the Incline. After, we will go to Coach Johnson's house across the street from the park for watermelon
@ 6:00PM at Monument Valley Park North game night (Soccer or Ultimate) 6:00PM-7:30PM, then Smore's and pizza at Ian Padilla's house $5
- Wednesday: 6:00AM at Palmer Park, Maizeland entrance (Main Entrance Parking Lot) 6-7:30AM
6:00PM @ Monument Valley Park North (Fontanero and Culebra) 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Thursday: 7:45am-7:45 pm @ Waterworld. Meet in the East lot at Doherty at 7:45am. Anyone who made all six practices will get a free trip, tickets, and lunch at Waterworld. If you attended at least two practices, you may ride the bus, but will have to purchase your own ticket and lunch.
TURN IN YOUR PAPERWORK TO THE BUSINESS OFFICE FOR THE FALL SEASON, NO LATER THAN THURSDAY AUGUST 2, 2018. THE SEASON BEGINS MONDAY AUGUST 6TH AT 3:30PM
T-Shirt and Warm Up Tops For Sale
Please pay in the Business Office beginning August 7. bring the receipt to your coaches and we will give you your Running Shirt. Warm Up tops will be in by Monday August 20. These are not required, but they are nice
- Running shirt: $15
- Warm Up Top $35
XC Pre-Season Week 7
ONLY THREE WEEKS LEFT OF SUMMER TRAINING
It's not too late to start your summer training for this Fall's XC season. Come on out this week.
Thank you to those who helped out at the Barr Trail Mountain Race Sunday morning. It was Awesome having Doherty XC supporting the running community of Colorado Springs. Special thanks to Andrea Croshal, Katie and Kyle Crumley, Nancy Oliver, Coaches Johnson, Truex, Duensing and athletes Ian, Kaitlin, and Ryan for lugging the over 200 pounds of water up Barr Trail for the aid station. You are all awesome.
- Monday: Morning 25 minute shakeout run on your own, 6:00PM @ Doherty for longer run
- Tuesday: 6:00pm @ Greencrest Entrance to Palmer Park, located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs
- Wednesday: Morning 25 minute shakeout run on your own. 6:00pm @ Doherty for longer recovery run
- Thursday: Morning 25 minutes on your own. 6:00pm at Monument Valley Park North
- Friday: Morning and afternoon runs on your own
- Saturday: Long run of 60 minutes for beginners and intermediate, while 75 minutes for the Elite plan. This workout is imperative to increase growth of capillaries which improves your body's ability to remove waste from your muscles and send oxygen more thoroughly to them. You will also gain a mental edge on others who fear the long runs. You will improve your mental toughness.
Camp is next week. More information will be given out at practice on Monday. So be there.Woo Hoo, only THREE WEEKS LEFT OF SUMMER TRAINING.
Last Week of Pre Season
Get your paper work into the Business Office by this Thursday August 2 in order to practice for the first official day of Fall Sports which is Monday August 6. You cannot practice with the team after This Thursday August 2 unless you have your paper work and your payment into the Business Office. All forms are found at FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION FORMS located under dohertyathletics "files and links"
- Monday: AM Run on your own 6:00PM practice @ DHS 6-7:15PM
- Tuesday: 6:00PM-7:15PM Meet at Eagleview Middle School off of Vindicator as we will run Ute Valley for Hills
- Wednesday: AM Run on your own 6:00PM practice @ DHS 6-7:15PM
- Thursday: Meet at Monument Valley Park North 6:00PM for Speed Workout
- DEADLINE TO TURN IN ALL PAPERWORK AND PAYMENT FOR FALL SEASON
- Friday: AM Run on your own, PM Run on your own
- Saturday: Long run 70-80 Minutes plus 2-4 400's @ 5k pace
XC Pre-Season Week 6
First day of practice is Monday August 6. All paper work must be in by Thursday August 2 to the Business Office in order for you to practice the entire week of August 6)
- Monday: Morning on own 25 minutes then 6:00pm @ Doherty 45 minute run and 5 strides
- Tuesday:6:00pm @ Greencrest located at the corner of Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs
- Wednesday: Morning on own 25 minutes then 6:00pm @Doherty 45 minutes and 5 strides
- Thursday: 6:00pm @ Monument Valley North Tempo Run
- Friday: On Own 25 minutes in the morning, then 45 minutes in evening followed by 4x200 meter repeats (Beginners and Intermediate reduce time on evening run by 10 and 15 minutes)
- Saturday: On own long run 80 minutes then 4 strides (Beginners run 55 minutes, intermediate run 65 minutes)
XC Pre Season Week 5
- Monday @ Doherty 6:00-7:15pm
- Tuesday @ Red Rock Canyon 6:00-7:15pm DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICE
- Wednesday Run the RWB race, other race, or practice on Own: Happy Independence Day.
- Thursday @ Garry Berry Stadium for acceleration workout
- Friday and Saturday on your own. Don't forget to keep a log of your runs along with notes on how they worked for you. Saturday needs to be a LONG RUN 60-75 minutes easy.
XC Pre-Season Week 4
Follow us for updates on Twitter: DohertyXC@DohertyXC and Doherty Track @Spartantrack2
We have had a strong beginning to our pre-season with 20 regulars showing up to prepare for our 2018 season. It's never too late to get started for those who haven't started training. Currently our beginners and intermediate will have put in a base of 80 miles by the end of this week, while our experienced runners have put in a minimum of 120 miles by the end of this week. This week is going to be fun. We'll meet at three locations throughout the week. Make sure you check the schedule below.
- Monday @ Doherty 6:00 pm-7:15pm 30-40 minutes with 4 strides
- Tuesday @ Green Crest entrance to Palmer Park off of Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs 6:00pm-7:15pm Hill run through the canyons of Palmer Park DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICE
- Wednesday @ Doherty 6:00pm-7:15pm recovery run and core
- Thursday @ Monument Valley Park North meet at the picnic table at Fontanero and Culebra
- Friday on your own recovery run DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICE
- Saturday on your own meet with friends and run a long run of 70 minutes
XC Pre-Season Week 3
We've had a productive start to our summer as we regularly have 15-20 practicing with us four days a week. BRING YOUR FRIENDS OUT. The season will begin before you know it. We start one week earlier this year, August 6, so be ready.
- Monday: @Doherty 6:00pm-7:15PM
- Tuesday: @Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park located at Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place 6:00pm-7:15pm Hill run Directions to Practice
- Wednesday: @Doherty Recovery run and Ultimate or Soccer or something fun
- Thursday: @Monument Valley Park North located at Fontanero and Culebra. It's the Northern most entrance to MVP and in a residential neighborhood 6:00pm-7:15pm Directions to Practice
As always in the summer, family and friends are welcome to come for a run and enjoy the evening with the Spartan Harriers.
XC Pre Season Week 2
- Monday @ Doherty meet on the hill 6:00pm-7:15. 25-45 minute run and Core
- Tuesday @ Doherty 6-7:15pm 35-55 minute run
- Wednesday @ Doherty 6-7:15 pm 25-45 minute run and Ultimate Frisbee. Someone bring a disc
- Thursday @ Doherty 6-7:15 pm. Hilly run through Old Farm
Tomorrow we will run in the "Never Alone Foundation 5k" hosted by Doherty cross country. Players need to be at Monument Valley Park at 7 a.m. so they can find parking, get to the starting line, and warmup. The race begins at 8 a.m. and the course takes the runners around Monument Valley Park. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Monument+Valley+Parkemail@example.com,-104.830355,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x87134544613f24f7:0xbd08d41b36bbbae2!8m2!3d38.8462972!4d-104.8281663
There are no parking lots, so parking will be found on the streets around the park. We will send the boys home with a map today.
XC Pre-Season Week 1
Our Training Plans are found under our team files at XC TRAINING PLANS
Invite your friends. We will spend our first two weeks practicing on the trails around Doherty. Week 3 we will expand to the parks around Colorado Springs. The goal is to get ready for the high altitude camp July 23-26. Whether you run with us in the summer of not, keep a daily journal and stop by once a week to check in and get your miles signed. We have minimum distance you must run this summer in order to qualify for camp.
- Monday @DHS 6:00pm-7:30pm On the Hill East Parking Lot
- Tuesday @DHS 6:00pm-7:30pm On the Hill East Parking Lot
- Wednesday @DHS 6:00pm-7:30pm On the Hill East Parking Lot
- Thursday @DHS 6:00pm-7:30pm On the Hill East Parking Lot
Monday June 4
Practice begins at Doherty at 6:00pm outside the gym doors. Be ready to run.
Spartan Invite Volunteers for Friday October 5
It's that time of the year for the Spartan Invite. We need your help to put on the best meet in the state. We have the following positions opened along with the arrival time. email coach Duensing at COACH DUENSING and he will put you in the spot we need you. Let us know if there is a spot you have experience and we'll try to put you there. Thank you.
|Parking 2 hours only||12:00|
|Parking 2 hours only||12:00|
|Parking 2 hours only||12:00|
Colorado Springs Marathon Volunteers
Doherty XC will be volunteering for the marathon on Saturday September 29. Sign up on the following website.
- REGISTER TO Volunteer
- Click on the Green "Register" button
- Choose "Group"
- Type in "Doherty High School"
- Choose the last option "WATER STATION Course (9/29)"?
Off Season Track Meeting
We will have a meeting for off season track on Tuesday November 27 at 3:10 in Room 118, the social studies hallway