Track Awards Banquet Week
Thank you to the Doherty Track Family for a wonderful season. The mission of Doherty Track & Field is not just performance results oriented. The central theme of our team is focused on Character, Discipline, Team work, and Personal Growth. It's summed up in our athletic department motto "We Before Me." Many of the lessons learned this year were planned, others were situational. The grit of this team was tested on April 21st when our team was split between Fort Carson and Dakota Ridge. We learned that "Adversity gives Opportunity." That weekend produced mor PR's than any other weekend of our season while it was the worst conditions we saw all season. That is a testament to our coaching staff, your kids, and their families. Thank you for the opportunity of coaching them this season. Now it's time to hand in uniforms and celebrate our season.
- Monday: Uniform turn in 3:05-3:25 in the storage room. Make sure the uniforms are cleaned and dried
- Tuesday: Uniform turn in 3:05-3:25 in the storage room
- Wednesday: Graduation in the morning
- Thursday: Banquet in the Cafeteria for the whole family 5:00-7:00pm
End of Year Banquet
- Thursday, May 24, 2018, 5:00-7:00p in the Cafeteria at Doherty.
- Athletes, Parents, and Family are invited for food and awards
- Each athlete is to bring a dish to share with the team, enough to serve 5-8 people
- Distance: Main pasta dish already cooked with sauce with serving utensils
- Sprinters: Main dish, pizza, or salad with serving utensils
- Jumpers: Desserts
- Throwers: Breads and Spreads. Don’t just bring a loaf of bread, have serving utensils, and have it sliced
State Track Week 12
Congratulations to everyone who finished out the season. You are the few who balanced family, school, and rigorous training in the most competitive division in Colorado high school sports. For those who qualified for state your season continues one more glorious week. The following are qualified for state:
Brandon Deas, Andrew Martinez, Isaiah Escalante, Brian Mosley, Dylan Norwood, Christian Olmstead, Devon Lobato, Jack Mann, and Donte Marsh.
Jordan Thomas, Kenzie Noll, Serenity Burnett, Aujanae Latimer, Leilani Washington, Olivia Brownworth
- Monday: Uniform turn in 3:05-3:25 in the storage room. All uniforms and warm ups must be cleaned and dried in order to turn it all in.
- State qualifiers meet at Garry Berry 3:45-5:00 for practice.
- 5:00 Parent meeting for all kids going to state. If parents can't make it, your child will bring the info home and you can contact Coach Duensing at Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Tuesday: Uniform turn in 3:05-3:25 in storage room
- State qualifiers at Garry Berry 3:45-4:45
- Wednesday: State qualifiers bring your luggage for state to the activity bus before school in the East lot. We leave for state after the senior assembly
Week 11 Update
- Practice for Friday May 11 is only for Sprinters is at Garry Berry for those who are in the meet Saturday May 12.
- Uniform hand in is Monday May 14 from 3:05-3:25 in the storage room
- The State Meet Sheet is posted under our track team files. All those qualified for state will meet at Garry Berry at 3:45 on Monday May 14. We will have a parent meeting at 5:00 for all state meet attendees at Garry Berry.
- The Awards Banquet is Thursday May 24 at 5:00pm in the cafeteria at Doherty
Track Week 11: CSML
Thank you to everyone for making the Spartan Invite a success. Coaches from around the state were impressed by the amount of positive parent involvement we have at Doherty. Our athletes represented Doherty with the highest integrity. Good work Doherty track family. This week is CSML, our league meet. It's the last chance to qualify for state. The schedule depends on the weather.
- Monday: Garry Berry 3:45-5:30
- Tuesday: Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Wednesday: Garry Berry 3:45-5:30
- Thursday: CSML@Garry Berry 4:00-8:00
- Friday: CSML @Garry Berry TBA depends on weather
- Saturday: CSML @Garry Berry 9:00-2:00 depends on weather
Spartan Invite Week
This is a big week for us as we host one of the largest meets in the State. We need everyone's help. Your kids brought home or forgot to bring home the volunteer and/or donation form for our meet. We are still in need of adults to rake at the jumps, work concessions, and help set up the coaches and workers lunch. We will be feeding 200 people and are in need of donations : The donation and volunteer form are found on our files page Donations and Volunteer
- Monday: JV meet at Elizabeth Athletes excused at 9:55 for the bus. See the Meet Entries to see if you are on the bus JV Meet Entries and Meet Sheet You're entries are based on your practices last week and room on the bus. Everyone else has practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Wednesday: @ Garry Berry 3:45-5:45
- Thursday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Friday: Distance Varsity Select are at the Pueblo Twilight Meet. All others are at Garry Berry 3:45-6:00 to practice and set up for the meet. BRING ALL DONATIONS AND VOLUNTEERS COME FOR TRAINING 4:30-5:30
- Saturday: Spartan Invite at Garry Berry, Volunteers Arrive by 7:30 to get to your events The meet begins at 8:30. Athletes, arrive by 7:30. Stay through clean up. Senior Girls may leave early with coaches permission. All other athletes stay to clean up the stadium and put everything away.
Thank you for your continued support of Doherty Track and Field
The Meet at Mitchell has been moved to Monday April 16. Athletes competing in this meet will be excused after 4th period.
We will have practice at Doherty both Thursday and Friday this week April 12 and 13.
No Practice on Saturday
Track Week 7 April 9-14
Congratulations to the boys and girls for a good meet in Parker on Saturday. Sophomore Donte Marsh punched his ticket to state in the High Jump. Our sprint relays are currently all top ten in the state. This week is big as we have testing in the mornings Tuesday - Thursday and two meets this week.
- Monday: @Garry Berry 3:45-6:00.
- Tuesday: JV at Garry Berry for pre-meet 1:00-2:30; Varsity at Doherty for recovery
- Wednesday: JV meet in Canon City. Bus leaves at 1:00pm; Varsity practice at Garry Berry 1:00-3:00
- Thursday: @DHS 3:25-5:00 Pre-meet
- Friday: Track meet at Garry Berry. Athletes excused after 3rd period to get a ride to Garry Berry by 11:00am
- Saturday: Wel deserved recovery day
- Dakota Ridge meet at Jefferson County Stadium has been moved two hour to a 10:00am start on Saturday. THE BUS WILL LEAVE AT 7:30 Saturday morning to Jeffco
- NO meet Friday at FFC only will be run Saturday
- FFC Saturday meet at FFC at 8:00am
Track Week 8: Four Weeks to Go
- Monday: Track Meet at Garry Berry. Athletes competing are excused after 4th period to make their way to the stadium by 12:45. The meet sheet is posted under team files TEAM FILES . Distance kids not in the meet have practice at Garry Berry. Sprinters and Jumpers not in the meet have practice at Doherty at 3:25
- Tuesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Wednesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Thursday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30 Pre-meet for those in the Fountain Fort Carson Meet
- Friday: Fountain Fort Carson Meet MOVED TO SATURDAY. whole team practice at Garry Berry at 10:00am
- Saturday: Bus leaves for Dakota Ridge/ Jefferson County Stadium at 7:30am Fountain Fort Carson competitors meet at Fountain Fort Carson High School by 8:00am
Track Week 9
We are one week away from the Spartan Invite. We are in need of 25 parent volunteers and donations of drinks side dishes and cookies for our coaches and workers. I will be sending home a list with your child as well as posting it on this website on Monday . Please help us show the State how Doherty Track&Field Roles by volunteering and donated food and drink t the largest meet in the state of this busy weekends.
- Monday: Garry Berry 3:45-5:30
- Tuesday: @Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Wednesday:@Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Thursday:@Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Friday: Cougar Classic at Garry Berry. Athletes arrive at 9:00am. Field Events begin at 10:00, running events begin at 11:00
- Saturday: Recovery run f 30 minutes on your own
Track Week 6
- Monday @ DOHERTY
- Tuesday @Garry Berry for team pictures and practice 3:45-6;00. You must have your uniform and warm ups. Pictures will be available at "Christy Decker Photography" once she posts them
- Wednesday @ DOHERTY
- Thursday: @ DOHERTY, High Jumpers at Garry Berry
- Friday: @ DOHERTY
- Saturday: The Legend Track Classic in Parker. Bus leaves at 6:30 from the East lot. We will be taking 40 athletes on the bus. Let us know if you will be riding with parents to Parker. The meet is at Echo Park Stadium in Parker
Track Week 7 Update
Reminder that we coaches hold student athletes to a higher standard. You may not see it, but we see others looking up to you. We expect you to move beyond towing the line. We do not recognize Senior Skip Day or Senior Skip Week, neither should you. Should you choose to not attend school Monday April 9, Thursday April 12, or Friday April 13, you will not be excused on Monday April 16 for the Mitchell meet. Under classmen are watching, hold yourselves to a higher standard than the average Senior.
"Be Fearful of Mediocrity"
Track Week 5
Congratulations to the boys and girls 9th and 10th grade Varsity teams and the all grade level Varsity teams Friday and Saturday. We had a strong showing as a team and some excellent individual efforts. Leilani Washington in now ranked number 5 in the State in the 100 hurdles, Donte Marsh is tied for 9th in the State in the High Jump. Several others are still in the top 18. To see those rankings go to our links page at Colorado State Track Rankings, Top 18 at end of season qualify for State .
Monday: @ Garry Berry 10:00AM-Noon
Tuesday: NO PRACTICE: Enjoy the day off
Wednesday: @ Garry Berry Noon-2:00pm
Thursday: @Doherty 10:00AM-Noon in the pool. Bring your suit and a towel for a pool workout
Friday: @Garry Berry 10:00AM-11:30AM
Saturday: Bus leaves at 5:30am from the East Lot and arrives back to the East Lot after 7:00pm. Only athletes who practice this week and communicate with their coaches will be entered in this meet.
Track Week 4: March 19-24
Congratulations to the Spartan Girls with their 5th place finish and the Spartan Boys with their 4th place finish Saturday at the Harrison Panther Invitational. We appreciate you reinforcing our TEAM focus of "The TEAM" by having your student athletes stay through the 4x400 relay to cheer on "The TEAM." The T, being paramount to "Together". Several Doherty relay teams and individuals are in the top 18 in the state. The top 18 by midnight Saturday May 12 will be qualified for state. Here are those rankings as of Week 4 State boys rankings State Girls rankings.
- Monday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:45
- Tuesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30; Long and Triple Jumpers are at Garry Berry
- Wednesday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:45
- Thursday: Practice at Doherty 3:20-5:30; High Jumpers at Garry Berry
- Friday: Frosh Soph Varsity Meet at Garry Berry. Athletes are excused after 5th period to get themselves to Garry Berry by 2:15. Meet schedule located at Meet Sheets for Friday and Saturday
- Saturday: Palmer Terror Varsity Invitational at Garry Berry. Athletes arrive by 8:00am. Meet sheet is located at Meet Sheets
Thank you for your continued support of Doherty Track & Field
Track Week 3 March 12-17
Thank you for an excellent first track meet. Several kids who stayed even though they weren't competing were needed and Spartaned up, filling in where needed and made the best of the opportunity. We have two meets this week. APPAREL ORDERS ARE DUE THROUGH THE ONLINE STORE MONDAY TEAM APPAREL STORE
- Monday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:45. Please be ready to pick up your kids at 5:45. Coaches have been staying late and sacrificing time with their families as several kids have been picked up more than a 1/2 hour after practice or meets have ended.
- Tuesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30 JV has Pre-Meet. Meet entries will be announced to the kids at practice. Long and Triple Jumpers at Garry Berry for practice
- Wednesday: JV Meet at Garry Berry. Athletes are excused after 6th period for kids to get to Garry Berry by 2:45. Athletes not competing will be practicing at Garry Berry until 5:45. The JV Meet Sheet is posted at Meet Sheets
- Thursday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30 High Jumpers at Garry Berry for practice
- Friday: Practice at Doherty Pre-Meet 3:25-5:00. Meet entries will be posted outside the coaches office upstairs as well as posted on this website under files.
- Saturday: Harrison Panther Invite at District 2 stadium located at Harrison High School. The meet sheet is posted at Harrison Meet Sheet Arrive by 8:00am and look for the Blue Doherty Tent
Thank you again for your support of Doherty Track&Field.
Track&Field Week 2
Thank you to all who have donated to our fundraiser. Athletes, we still have 50% of you who have not participated as of yet. We have three weeks left. Please send out your emails.
- Monday: Distance practices at Doherty for pre-meet. All other athletes practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:00pm PARENT MEETING AT DOHERTY GYM AT 6:00PM
- Tuesday: Scrimmage against Liberty at Liberty. Athletes are excused at 1:30, be to Liberty at 2:30. Those who don't have a ride, we have a ONE WAY BUS leaving at 1:45 from the East lot. It only holds 50 kids, so get a ride if you can. the scrimmage should end by 6:30pm
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Thursday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:00. PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES 5-8 IN THE GYM
- Friday: Practice at Garry Berry Pre-Meet 1:00-3:00
- Saturday: Pikes Peak Invite Track meet at Garry Berry. Athletes arrive by 8:00am at the latest and stay through the 4x400 relay. Entries will be posted outside the coaches office in the athletics hallway for the athletes Thursday at practice. The schedule is posted under track files on this website
Track Week 1: February 26- March 3
12 Weeks Until State, No Time To Waste
Welcome to the 2018 Doherty Spartan Track&Field Season. All athletes are required to wear warm up pants and tops that cover their legs and arms. If you do comply, you will not practice and it will count as an unexcused absence. Hats and gloves are recommended, but not required. Team policies are posted under our team files at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35003/seasonId/4313595
- Monday: First Day of practice. @ Doherty 3:25-5:30 You must have all paperwork turned in in order to practice. If you missed last Friday's deadline then, You cannot turn paper work in until this Thursday.
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30.
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30 Fundraiser kickoff
- Thursday: High Jumpers at Garry Berry 3:45-5:30, All other athletes at Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Friday: All at Garry Berry 3:45-5:30. Team transportation is not provided.
- Saturday: All at Doherty 8:30am-11:00am
Spring Sports Parent meeting Monday night March 5, 2018 at 6:00pm in the Gym, the Track meeting will follow in the cafeteria.
Spartan Track & Field Pre-Season Week 7
We have one week until Track season begins for both boys and girls. Turn your paper work in by Friday February 23. Practice begins Monday Feb. 26 at 3:20 in the weight room. You cannot practice without your paperwork turned into the Business Office. They won't be accepting paperwork Monday Feb. 26. You have Sunday and Monday to take advantage of the 20% off at the Colorado Running Company.
Monday: Run on your own. Sprinters 30 minutes with 10- 30 second bursts
Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Thursday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Friday and Saturday: Run on your own.
Track Pre-Season Week 6 February 12-17
Don't forget to turn in your paper work for Spring track by Friday Feb 23 to the Business Office. All forms are located under team files on the main dohertyathletics.org website
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:20-4:30 Recovery day and go home early
- Thursday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Track Pre-Season Week 4 Entries for The Air Force Academy High School Open Friday and Saturday is Tuesday January 30 11:59 EST. See the files section of this website for the Flyer. ATHLETES NEED TO TALK WITH THEIR COACH BEFORE REGISTERING TO SEE IF YOU ARE READY TO COMPETE Monday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 Tuesday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00. Sprinters at Palmer Park West (3:40-5:00) located at the Palmer Park parking lot on the corner of Paseo and Chelton close to the stables.DIRECTIONS CAN BE FOUND AT http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35003/seasonId/4313595 Wednesday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 Thursday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 indoors Friday: Indoor meet at Air Force Fieldhouse for prelims of 60, 60hurdles, 200; Finals of the 2 mile, Long Jump and Girls High Jump. See the schedule on the files section of the track website Saturday: Indoor meet at Air Force Fieldhouse. Registration is done by parents. See flyer under the files section of the track website.
Pre-Season Track Week 3 Monday-Thursday at Doherty 3:20-5:00pm Friday&Saturday run 30 minutes each day on your own followed by 15 minutes of Abs Air Force Indoor Open Feb 2-3 at Air Force Academy Fieldhouse. Meet sheet is located under track files.
Track Pre-Season Week 2 Monday: Run on your own, 20-30 minutes, 10 minutes of abs Tuesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00 Wednesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00 Thursday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00 Friday: Run on your own 20-30 minutes easy Saturday: Recovery or pre-meet Sunday: Off or USATF All comer meet at Air Force Academy Field House. You must be a member of USATF to register for this meet. Registration link and schedule of future USATF meets are at the following: http://colorado.usatf.org/Youth/Youth-Upcoming-Events.aspx
Pre-Season Track Week 1 Welcome to the 2018 pre-track season. Our purpose in pre-season is to get faster, stronger, flexible, and more knowledgeable about our events. We will be posting our schedule each week on this site along with reminders for the upcoming Spring track season. All indoor meets are unattached and are to be signed up for and paid for by the athlete. We will not be competing in the indoor meets as a team. Meet in the weight room each day at 3:20. Monday: 3:20 in the weight room. Wear warm up pants and tops, gloves, and hat as we will be running outside most days. Pick up in the East lot 5:00pm Tuesday: 3:20 Hill day for team and/or technique for field events Wednesday: 3:20 Weight room General Conditioning as a team. Entries due if you are competing in Gunnison on Saturday https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html Thursday: 3:20 Weight room Technique specific work with individual coach Saturday: Western State Indoor Meet in Gunnison https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html entries are due by Wednesday.
NO GARRY BERRY PRACTICE TODAY FRIDAY APRIL 6.
ENTIRE TEAM PRACTICING INDOORS FOR PRE-MEET
Heat sheets are posted at Heat Sheets on our files page for tomorrow's meet at Echo Park Stadium in Parker
Friday April 20:
- Sprinters, jumpers, throwers practice at Garry Berry 10:00-11:00
- Distance practice at Doherty 12:00-1:00
the Fountain Fort Carson Meet was moved to Saturday. No meet on Friday.
Friday: Practice at Garry Berry at 10:00am NO FFC MEET FRIDAY
Saturday: FFC MEET 8:00am. Dakota Ridge bus leaves at 7:30
Meet Sheet, Heat Sheet and Meet Entries
The heat sheets and meet sheets are found at Heat and Meet Sheet
Thank you for volunteering and donating. We are excited to be hosting the Spartan Invititational with all of your support