Track Week 4: March 19-24
Congratulations to the Spartan Girls with their 5th place finish and the Spartan Boys with their 4th place finish Saturday at the Harrison Panther Invitational. We appreciate you reinforcing our TEAM focus of "The TEAM" by having your student athletes stay through the 4x400 relay to cheer on "The TEAM." The T, being paramount to "Together". Several Doherty relay teams and individuals are in the top 18 in the state. The top 18 by midnight Saturday May 12 will be qualified for state. Here are those rankings as of Week 4 State boys rankings State Girls rankings.
- Monday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:45
- Tuesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30; Long and Triple Jumpers are at Garry Berry
- Wednesday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:45
- Thursday: Practice at Doherty 3:20-5:30; High Jumpers at Garry Berry
- Friday: Frosh Soph Varsity Meet at Garry Berry. Athletes are excused after 5th period to get themselves to Garry Berry by 2:15. Meet schedule located at Meet Sheets for Friday and Saturday
- Saturday: Palmer Terror Varsity Invitational at Garry Berry. Athletes arrive by 8:00am. Meet sheet is located at Meet Sheets
Thank you for your continued support of Doherty Track & Field
Track Week 3 March 12-17
Thank you for an excellent first track meet. Several kids who stayed even though they weren't competing were needed and Spartaned up, filling in where needed and made the best of the opportunity. We have two meets this week. APPAREL ORDERS ARE DUE THROUGH THE ONLINE STORE MONDAY TEAM APPAREL STORE
- Monday: Practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:45. Please be ready to pick up your kids at 5:45. Coaches have been staying late and sacrificing time with their families as several kids have been picked up more than a 1/2 hour after practice or meets have ended.
- Tuesday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30 JV has Pre-Meet. Meet entries will be announced to the kids at practice. Long and Triple Jumpers at Garry Berry for practice
- Wednesday: JV Meet at Garry Berry. Athletes are excused after 6th period for kids to get to Garry Berry by 2:45. Athletes not competing will be practicing at Garry Berry until 5:45. The JV Meet Sheet is posted at Meet Sheets
- Thursday: Practice at Doherty 3:25-5:30 High Jumpers at Garry Berry for practice
- Friday: Practice at Doherty Pre-Meet 3:25-5:00. Meet entries will be posted outside the coaches office upstairs as well as posted on this website under files.
- Saturday: Harrison Panther Invite at District 2 stadium located at Harrison High School. The meet sheet is posted at Harrison Meet Sheet Arrive by 8:00am and look for the Blue Doherty Tent
Thank you again for your support of Doherty Track&Field.
Track&Field Week 2
Thank you to all who have donated to our fundraiser. Athletes, we still have 50% of you who have not participated as of yet. We have three weeks left. Please send out your emails.
- Monday: Distance practices at Doherty for pre-meet. All other athletes practice at Garry Berry 3:45-5:00pm PARENT MEETING AT DOHERTY GYM AT 6:00PM
- Tuesday: Scrimmage against Liberty at Liberty. Athletes are excused at 1:30, be to Liberty at 2:30. Those who don't have a ride, we have a ONE WAY BUS leaving at 1:45 from the East lot. It only holds 50 kids, so get a ride if you can. the scrimmage should end by 6:30pm
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Thursday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:00. PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES 5-8 IN THE GYM
- Friday: Practice at Garry Berry Pre-Meet 1:00-3:00
- Saturday: Pikes Peak Invite Track meet at Garry Berry. Athletes arrive by 8:00am at the latest and stay through the 4x400 relay. Entries will be posted outside the coaches office in the athletics hallway for the athletes Thursday at practice. The schedule is posted under track files on this website
Track Week 1: February 26- March 3
12 Weeks Until State, No Time To Waste
Welcome to the 2018 Doherty Spartan Track&Field Season. All athletes are required to wear warm up pants and tops that cover their legs and arms. If you do comply, you will not practice and it will count as an unexcused absence. Hats and gloves are recommended, but not required. Team policies are posted under our team files at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35003/seasonId/4313595
- Monday: First Day of practice. @ Doherty 3:25-5:30 You must have all paperwork turned in in order to practice. If you missed last Friday's deadline then, You cannot turn paper work in until this Thursday.
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30.
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:25-5:30 Fundraiser kickoff
- Thursday: High Jumpers at Garry Berry 3:45-5:30, All other athletes at Doherty 3:25-5:30
- Friday: All at Garry Berry 3:45-5:30. Team transportation is not provided.
- Saturday: All at Doherty 8:30am-11:00am
Spring Sports Parent meeting Monday night March 5, 2018 at 6:00pm in the Gym, the Track meeting will follow in the cafeteria.
Spartan Track & Field Pre-Season Week 7
We have one week until Track season begins for both boys and girls. Turn your paper work in by Friday February 23. Practice begins Monday Feb. 26 at 3:20 in the weight room. You cannot practice without your paperwork turned into the Business Office. They won't be accepting paperwork Monday Feb. 26. You have Sunday and Monday to take advantage of the 20% off at the Colorado Running Company.
Monday: Run on your own. Sprinters 30 minutes with 10- 30 second bursts
Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Thursday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Friday and Saturday: Run on your own.
Track Pre-Season Week 6 February 12-17
Don't forget to turn in your paper work for Spring track by Friday Feb 23 to the Business Office. All forms are located under team files on the main dohertyathletics.org website
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:20-4:30 Recovery day and go home early
- Thursday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Track Pre-Season Week 4 Entries for The Air Force Academy High School Open Friday and Saturday is Tuesday January 30 11:59 EST. See the files section of this website for the Flyer. ATHLETES NEED TO TALK WITH THEIR COACH BEFORE REGISTERING TO SEE IF YOU ARE READY TO COMPETE Monday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 Tuesday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00. Sprinters at Palmer Park West (3:40-5:00) located at the Palmer Park parking lot on the corner of Paseo and Chelton close to the stables.DIRECTIONS CAN BE FOUND AT http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35003/seasonId/4313595 Wednesday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 Thursday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 indoors Friday: Indoor meet at Air Force Fieldhouse for prelims of 60, 60hurdles, 200; Finals of the 2 mile, Long Jump and Girls High Jump. See the schedule on the files section of the track website Saturday: Indoor meet at Air Force Fieldhouse. Registration is done by parents. See flyer under the files section of the track website.
Pre-Season Track Week 3 Monday-Thursday at Doherty 3:20-5:00pm Friday&Saturday run 30 minutes each day on your own followed by 15 minutes of Abs Air Force Indoor Open Feb 2-3 at Air Force Academy Fieldhouse. Meet sheet is located under track files.
Track Pre-Season Week 2 Monday: Run on your own, 20-30 minutes, 10 minutes of abs Tuesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00 Wednesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00 Thursday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00 Friday: Run on your own 20-30 minutes easy Saturday: Recovery or pre-meet Sunday: Off or USATF All comer meet at Air Force Academy Field House. You must be a member of USATF to register for this meet. Registration link and schedule of future USATF meets are at the following: http://colorado.usatf.org/Youth/Youth-Upcoming-Events.aspx
Pre-Season Track Week 1 Welcome to the 2018 pre-track season. Our purpose in pre-season is to get faster, stronger, flexible, and more knowledgeable about our events. We will be posting our schedule each week on this site along with reminders for the upcoming Spring track season. All indoor meets are unattached and are to be signed up for and paid for by the athlete. We will not be competing in the indoor meets as a team. Meet in the weight room each day at 3:20. Monday: 3:20 in the weight room. Wear warm up pants and tops, gloves, and hat as we will be running outside most days. Pick up in the East lot 5:00pm Tuesday: 3:20 Hill day for team and/or technique for field events Wednesday: 3:20 Weight room General Conditioning as a team. Entries due if you are competing in Gunnison on Saturday https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html Thursday: 3:20 Weight room Technique specific work with individual coach Saturday: Western State Indoor Meet in Gunnison https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html entries are due by Wednesday.