Voluntary Off Season Track Practice December 29
Doherty Weight Room
Concession Stand Volunteers To Raise $$$ for Team Uniforms
We need three volunteers to work the Football game concession stand this Thursday at Garry Berry.
- Thursday Sept. 4th
- 6:00pm East Stands at Garry Berry
- This helps us raise money for team uniforms
Email Coach Duensing if you can help us out. email@example.com
Get your physicals and fees into the business office before August 8. No Coaches at practices this week so get your running in. The following is where you all should be with only 2 weeks to go until the season starts. Get It Done Spartan Harriers!!!
Monday: 4 miles easy, 10x200 @ 800 pace, 2 mile cool down
Tuesday: 8 miles hilly
Wednesday: 10 miles, 8x100 @ 800 pace
Thursday: 1 mile warm up, 5x3 minute hills, 3 mile cool down
Friday: 8 miles EZ 8x100 @ 800 pace
Saturday: 12 miles @ 150 Heart Rate
Summer XC Starts Monday June 2
- All distance, sprinters, jumpers, and even throwers come out starting June 2 for summer workouts.
- Bring your friends
- We'll meet on the hill overlooking the track in the East Parking Lot area at 6:00pm.
- We'll go over our warm up and bench ab routine, Tuesday we'll go over our core workout
- Someone bring a frisbee for "Ultimate" after our run
Here is the link to the 2014 track season video created by Mr. Lebaron
Week 12: State Meet
State qualifiers: Kiara Olson, Bethany Norwood, Brandon Supernaw, Brad Mattison, Josh Canchola, Willy Martinez, Kyle White, Darius Daniels, Tristan Marshall, Josh Wiggins, Zach Young, Kurt Lahmers, Nathan McClain.
Monday: All athletes not qualified for the State meet, turn in clean uniforms between 3:00 and 3:30 in the storage room. The awards banquet will be Friday May 23 at 4:30 pm
State Track & Field Meet
Location: Jefferson County Stadium (6th and Kipling, Lakewood)
Dates: Wednesday May 14- Saturday May 17. We leave the East Lot of Doherty on Wednesday May 14 at 2:30 or after the Senior Assembly. Schedule of events can be found at http://chsaanow.com/
Food: The team pays for Thursday night team dinner at Macaroni Grill and will be given food money for the days they are there. Bring extra money for souvenirs.
Transportation: Athletes will ride the activity bus to the hotel and the meet. Let Coach Duensing know if you are taking your child home after their event.
Luggage: One duffle bag and one backpack. Bring one nice outfit to wear for the team dinner Wednesday night.
Accommodations: Home 2 Suites by Hilton, 50 Van Gordon Street, Lakewood, CO 80228.
Chaperones: Three coaches will be supervising at the hotel.
Spectator Tickets: (Cash only, ATM available on site)
Adults: $8.00 K-12/Seniors: $6.00
- 2:30pm Leave Doherty for practice at Garry Berry.
- 3:45pm Leave Garry Berry for Lakewood. Check into hotel.
- 7:00pm Team dinner at the Macaroni Grill off of Colorado Avenue at the Colorado Mills Mall.
- 6:45 AM Leave for the meet 4x800 relay, Boys High Jump, Boys Pole Vault, Girls Discus.
- 2:00pm approx. Back to the hotel after the day’s events Athletes rest.
- 5:00pm drive to Colorado Mills Mall for dinner at food court.
- 7:00am leave hotel for the track, 4x100 relay and 300 hurdles.
- After the meet leave for hotel.
- Evening. Dinner location to be decided upon by athletes.
- 10:00am Pack up and leave hotel for the final day of the meet 4x100 relay and 300 hurdles.
- 4:30pm or after the meet drive back to Doherty.
2014 Meet Sheets
Volunteer Driver Forms are available under the files link on this website or use this link http://www.dohertyathletics.org/index.cfm?action=main.teamfiles&id=35003 Please fill one out and have it on file in the Business Office so you can drive athletes home from out of town track meets.
Gazette Article Highlighting Boys Hurdlers, High Jumper Matt Becar's PR and number 2 ranking in State and the win at the Terror Invite. http://www.gazettepreps.com/articles/ryne-5441-doherty-zito.html