Girls Varsity Poms
Hello to all athletes interested in joining poms for the 2020-2021 school year!
We will begin phase 1 of Poms camp starting Monday June 15th. Below is the link to sign up for the time slot that works best for your schedule.
Whichever group you’re assigned to will be your group you stay with for each cycle of workouts or gatherings. You will stay with your group for the entire month of June. Once assigned a group, students will not be allowed to change/switch groups. Groups will be no larger than 10. The number of students will be evaluated on the 1st and 15th of each month.
Our camp sessions will be as following:
Monday and Wednesday
Groups A 5:00pm-5:45pm
Tuesday and Thursday
Groups C 5:00pm-5:45pm
We will be working on skills for tryouts including leaps, turns and other technique, tryout dance, and other, possible tryout material. We will also be doing some conditioning and stretching.
Students must arrive at the designated time; you will not be able to enter the facility early. Please wait in your vehicle until your designated time. We will be entering at the back of the small gym. Coach Katie will be there to do the required brief health screening that includes a temperature check before every session.
***You must have your waiver signed and ready to turn in before the health screening check for the first camp session. This is good for the summer camp sessions.
Mask must be worn at all times until the Coach gives direct instruction to remove masks during camp.
All students participating in D11 summer programming will be required to go through a brief health screening to include a temperature check.
- 1. If a student affirms to a combination of two of any of the following symptoms
- a. Dry Cough, b. Shortness of Breath, c. Sore Throat, the student will be sent home. Any person with positive symptoms reported will not be allowed to take part in workouts. Students will not be allowed to return to participate until they are symptom free for seventy-two hours and ten days have passed since their first symptom unless they have a clear diagnosis from a medical provider.
- 2. If a student’s temperature is 100.4 or above the student will be sent home. Any person with positive symptoms reported will not be allowed to take part in workout. Students will not be allowed to return to participate until they are symptom free for seventy-two hours and ten days have passed since their first symptom unless they have a clear diagnosis from a medical provider.
- 3. A student may return to summer programming earlier if a doctor confirms, in writing, the cause of the student’s fever or symptoms is not COVID-19 related and releases the student to return to summer programming. The medical statement must be received by the coach/sponsor and sent to the building level athletic director.
Locker rooms will not be available for students. You must be ready for practice before entering the building. Social distancing, a minimum of six feet apart, will be practiced at all times. Failing to practice social distancing can and will disqualify students from participating in activities.
Participants must bring their own water and water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be turned on. Water bottles should not be shared.
Hand sanitizer will be plentiful at all camp sessions. Individuals should wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap before touching any surfaces or participating in camp or use hand sanitizer before each session.
Appropriate clothing/shoes will be worn at all times. No bare feet will be allowed in the gym. If you are bringing shoes to change into you must have socks on and sit down to change shoes. You may not share any athletic equipment including clothing, shoes, hair accessories, Chapstick or lotions.
We will exit through a different door (main gym entrance) at the end of practice. All students are required to immediately return home to shower at the end of camp. You will not be allowed to linger/congregate in the parking lot or outside the gym. Students who do not follow these guidelines will be not be allowed to participate in camp.
We look forward to seeing everyone! We are excited to start! If you have any questions, please email Coach Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have received more information in regard to the upcoming season as well as tryouts from the district. I appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding with this matter.
- The District superintendent and AD have made the decision that we will not have virtual tryouts for poms/cheer. We will wait until we are back in person before we conduct try-outs.
- at this time, we will not collect funds for poms/cheer next year. This is an extremely difficult time for our families and collecting money for a season that we don’t know what it will look like is not a good idea right now. With that being said, we are not ordering uniforms. Uniforms next year could and probably will be different than in the past. Please know, most large districts in Denver are not ordering uniforms at this time so please, don’t panic. I know there will be many teams that start the fall season in shorts and t-shirts, we will figure out what to do when that time comes.
- Right now, we are enrolled in a camp for the beginning of July (10-13) however, with so much unknown we may have to look into other options for camp. I am looking into doing a home camp and possible missing out on camp this year depending on when we are allowed to start. As I receive information I will share it here.
- We will post virtual workouts and things of that nature. I encourage all athletes to continue to work and condition for the upcoming season.
Thank you again for your patience as we continue to work out the details and safety laws put in place by the government and our school. It has been a difficult and unusual start to the season, but I appreciate the continued support for our program. The best thing we can do right now is keep a positive attitude and BE PATIENT! I will continue to share information pertaining tryouts and the season as I receive it.