Boys Varsity Golf
Boy's Golf: 2019 Tryout Information
Players and parents,
Here is some initial information regarding tryouts for the 2019 season.
- All necessary paperwork and fees due in the business office by 3:15pm, August 2th 2019. Registration will be open July 22nd- August 2nd, 2019
- No one will be permitted to try out unless all paperwork and receipts are turned in to Coach Rogers.
- Try-outs and practice facility is Springs Ranch Golf Club (3525 Tutt Blvd).
- Parent and athlete meeting at 11:00 A.M. August 5th. Try-outs begin immediately following the meeting at Springs Ranch Golf Club.
- The boy's must provide their own clubs (including golf balls and other necessary equipment). Parents are not permitted to carry their son’s clubs for tryouts, practice or competitions. Riding carts are not allowed for tryouts, practices or tournament play. Pull carts are permitted but not required unless medical complications necessitate the use of a pull-cart.
- I recommend that you play Springs Ranch this summer to familiarize yourself with the course before try-outs. Being familiar with the course will MOST DEFINITELY make tryouts much easier for you and will give us a much better idea of your golf skills and stamina.
- The boys will play four rounds of 9 holes (Monday, Aug. 5th through Thursday, Aug. 8th). Monday tryouts will begin immediately following the meeting with the remaining three days of tryouts beginning at 11:00. I have not seen the registration schedule yet but we will work their tryout times around their schedule.
- THE PIKES PEAK JR. CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE HELD THIS SUMMER AT THE CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN RESORT (ALSO CALLED THE COUNTRY CLUB OF COLORADO). The tournament will be held on Monday, July _____. I recommend that you all play in this tournament. You must sign up for this tournament in advance. Entry forms will be available in mid-July at the tournament site.
- For those of you that play in this tournament, you may use this score for one of your four counting scores for try-outs. This allows you to throw out one of your scores from the rounds at Springs Ranch. If you do not play in the Jr. Championships, you must count all four rounds for your total try-out score.
- At a minimum, the top sixteen boys will make the team and will have the privilege of competing for Doherty High School.
- My name is Cheri Rogers and I have the privilege of being your head coach. If you or your parents have questions, please feel free to call me. My cell phone number is 440-4812. If there is no answer, please leave a message and I will return your call. I would love for you to send me a text telling me their name and phone number! Also please check the website occasionally for other information.
- During the summer before tryouts, green fees and practice balls on the driving range will be charged by Springs Ranch. Last year Springs Ranch allowed the boys trying out for our team to pay only a $10.00 fee for 18 holes. Once the team is chosen, those boys that have been selected will no longer pay green fees or for practice balls during team practice.
- It is strongly recommended that you spend time playing this summer. Previous golf experience on the course is a necessity.
- I look forward to meeting all of our new future team members and of course those of you returning for another great year of Doherty Golf.
- Please let me hear from you with any questions.
- Remember call or text me that you are coming – Cheri Rogers 440-4812.