Announcements and Important Events
Dear Spartans and Parents:
As we anxiously await information from the Governor’s Office and CHSAA surrounding what Season B looks like: Boys and Girls Basketball, Ice Hockey, Competitive Spirit, Girls Swim & Dive, & Boys and Girls Wrestling, we want to be prepared for anything.
To give you a bit of an update, we are currently in a holding pattern for Season B sports. CHSAA made several variance requests to the Governor’s office regarding Season B sports, and they asked for his office to get back to them by 12/1. Our CHSAA commissioner did not feel she would hear about those requests by then; instead, she scheduled an all-AD’s meeting for Monday, 12/7, and she hopes to have some updates for us at that time. She continues to say that she is committed to all sports going somehow this year, so we continue to make plans, and be flexible when we are asked to adjust. We are going to begin winter sports registration next week, so please check the website under Files and Links for all printable materials you will need to turn in to the Business Office, which will be open to process Season B sports registration. The attached PDF entails all info you will need in order to register.
Once we hear from CHSAA on the 7th as we hope to have a set start date for Season B, we can make plans for what our pre-season might look like. Please be prepared for very small groups, mask usage, social distancing, and tight regulations—this will be the norm. What I do know is that CHSAA, D11 and Doherty Athletics understands the importance of having kids ready to engage in sport. It will not happen overnight, so we know we need to get kids back to practice-like situations as soon as possible within a SAFE environment. If you do have specific questions regarding registration, please contact either me email@example.com or Christina Montoya at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not have answers to sports-specific regulations as yet…we can guess, but don’t have anything set, so please know you will receive those answers as we get closer to the actual season.
If we meet on December 7th and find out that CHSAA is delaying the start of Season B, we will also push back Season B registration, so please check Doherty Athletics’ various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) or www.dohertyathletics.org on Monday afternoon to know for sure whether or not we will be open for Season B sports registration on Tuesday.
Take care, and have a pleasant weekend!
Athletic Director/Business Manager
Doherty High School