Varsity Cross Country
Spartan Track & Field Pre-Season Week 7
We have one week until Track season begins for both boys and girls. Turn your paper work in by Friday February 23. Practice begins Monday Feb. 26 at 3:20 in the weight room. You cannot practice without your paperwork turned into the Business Office. They won't be accepting paperwork Monday Feb. 26. You have Sunday and Monday to take advantage of the 20% off at the Colorado Running Company.
Monday: Run on your own. Sprinters 30 minutes with 10- 30 second bursts
Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Thursday: @ Doherty 3:20-5:00
Friday and Saturday: Run on your own.
The Colorado Running Company Located in University Village near the Lowes at Nevada and Garden of the Gods, supports high school runners by offering a 15% discount on all regularly priced merchandise. We will be having a special 4 day event for your runners to come in and take advantage of a special offer. These are February 16, 17, 18 & 19. We will have shoe company reps to answer any questions about their products. At these times only we will extend that discount to 20%.
Track Pre-Season Week 4
Entries for The Air Force Academy High School Open Friday and Saturday is Tuesday January 30 11:59 EST. See the files section of this website for the Flyer.
ATHLETES NEED TO TALK WITH THEIR COACH BEFORE REGISTERING TO SEE IF YOU ARE READY TO COMPETE
- Monday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Tuesday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00. Sprinters at Palmer Park West (3:40-5:00) located at the Palmer Park parking lot on the corner of Paseo and Chelton close to the stables.
- Wednesday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Thursday: At Doherty 3:20-5:00 indoors
- Friday: Indoor meet at Air Force Fieldhouse for prelims of 60, 60hurdles, 200; Finals of the 2 mile, Long Jump and Girls High Jump. See the schedule on the files section of the track website
- Saturday: Indoor meet at Air Force Fieldhouse. Registration is done by parents. See flyer under the files section of the track website.
Air Force Open Info and Registration Located Under Track Team Files @
Two weeks from today, we’ll again be hosting our Annual Air Force High School Open Indoor Track Meet on Friday-Saturday, February 2-3. We’ve expanded this meet to a 2-day meet due to the large number of entries (750+) we had in 2017. Some of the features of this meet include:
- Top-flight competition from around the US on a first-class indoor facility;
- EVERY competitor receives a quality “Air Force Open” long-sleeve t-shirt;
- First class award—watches (!) to event winners;
- Special awards (4) to top performers in the boys and girls track & field events;
- All competitors not representing a club team will be competing unattached, i.e, not representing their high school;
- USATF registration is NOT required.
I’ve attached a “flyer” to this message, and you can find more complete information HERE
Having completed our recruiting of current High School seniors, we’re now beginning to recruit High School juniors. If you have and Juniors that have met or you expect to meet the performances on the attached sheet (“Recruiting Standards”), please ask one of our Coaching staff for a questionnaire for that young man or woman to fill out and leave with us.
Finally, we’re pretty proud of the large number (14) of our team members who are products of the Colorado High School system. They are:
- TERRELL BRADFORD, Sophomore Sprinter from Palmer High School, Colorado Springs;
- GARRETT COALSON, Junior Shot Putter, Discus Thrower from Eaton High School, Eaton;
- NICOLE HAHN, Senior Distance Runner from Ralston Valley High School, Arvada;
- MEGAN IRVINE, Junior Sprinters from Thompson Valley High School, Loveland;
- SCOTT JOHNSON, Freshman Distance Runner from Legend High School, Parker;
- DREW LESTER, Freshman Distance Runner from Palmer Ridge High School, Monument;
- MARIA METTLER, Freshman Distance Runner from Air Academy High School, Colorado Springs;
- MIGUEL MOLAS, Junior Sprinter from James Irwin Charter School, Colorado Springs;
- ZAC PETRIE, Senior Middle Distance Runner from Valor Christian High School, Highlands Ranch;
- NOAH RILEY, Junior Middle Distance Runner from Lakewood High School, Lakewood;
- PRESTON ROCHE, Junior Middle Distance Runner from Poudre High School, Fort Collins;
- JACKSON SPALDING, Senior Discus Thrower from Discovery Canyon Campus, Colorado Springs;
- GIULIANNA VESSA, Senior Middle Distance Runner from Ralston Valley High School, Arvada;
- CONNER WILBURN, Senior Middle Distance Runner from The Classical Academy, Colorado Springs.
Best of luck as you begin your own 2018 season, and we hope to see you at the Air Force Academy 2 weeks from today.
// Ralph L //
Head Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Coach
US Air Force Academy
Track Pre-Season Week 2
- Monday: Run on your own, 20-30 minutes, 10 minutes of abs
- Tuesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Wednesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Thursday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Friday: Run on your own 20-30 minutes easy
- Saturday: Recovery or pre-meet
- Sunday: Off or USATF All comer meet at Air Force Academy Field House. You must be a member of USATF to register for this meet. Registration link and schedule of future USATF meets are at the following: http://colorado.usatf.org/Youth/Youth-Upcoming-Events.aspx
Pre-Season Track Week 1
Welcome to the 2018 pre-track season. Our purpose in pre-season is to get faster, stronger, flexible, and more knowledgeable about our events. We will be posting our schedule each week on this site along with reminders for the upcoming Spring track season. All indoor meets are unattached and are to be signed up for and paid for by the athlete. We will not be competing in the indoor meets as a team. Meet in the weight room each day at 3:20.
- Monday: 3:20 in the weight room. Wear warm up pants and tops, gloves, and hat as we will be running outside most days. Pick up in the East lot 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 3:20 Hill day for team and/or technique for field events
- Wednesday: 3:20 Weight room General Conditioning as a team. Entries due if you are competing in Gunnison on Saturday https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html
- Thursday: 3:20 Weight room Technique specific work with individual coach
- Saturday: Western State Indoor Meet in Gunnison https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html entries are due by Wednesday.
Off Season track begins Monday January 8. Meet in the weight room at 3:30 prepared to workout both in and outside. Dress for the weather.
Sorry for confusion on the track meeting for tomorrow. the meeting is for the kids who are interested in Spring track. We will hand out the packet that is located at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35003/seasonId/4313595
It's NOW at 3:15 in Room 118
XC Week of October 30
Congratulations to Hayden Martinez for his 14th place finish at State Saturday. His 16:10 is a personal course record at Bear Creek
- Thursday: Awards banquet in cafeteria 5:00-7:00pm
- every family brings a dish to share. We'll eat, then hand out the certificates, letters, paper plate awards, and team awards.
- Bring washed and dried uniforms and bags to the banquet.
XC Week 11 State Week
Congratulations to both the boys and girls for a successful season. Both teams fought hard at regionals with 15 of 18 varsity athletes getting a course pr, season pr, or career pr. WE all learn each week and each season. The season isn't over yet. Come watch Hayden run at State Saturday October 28th at 9:20am.
Monday: @ Palmer Park Short Hill repeats 3:30
Tuesday: @ DHS UNIFORM TURN IN 3:15-3:30 Recovery run 3:30
Wednesday: @ DHS Track workout 3:30
Thursday: @ DHS 2:00pm Easy run
Friday: @ DHS 9:00am Pre-meet
Saturday: State meet at Norris Penrose Center. Arrive at 7:30am South Bleachers. 5A Boys Race 9:20am
5:00pm Concession workers for the football game at Garry Berry. Let Coach Duensing know by Tuesday if you can volunteer at the concession stand.
Cross Country Team Pictures are available for your viewing and online ordering at http://christydeckerphotography.zenfolio.com/p32199558
XC Week 10 Regionals
This is the final week of Cross Country for JV athletes and second to last week for those who qualify for state. To qualify for state you must finish top 15 individually in the Varsity 5A Region 5 Race, or your team must finish top 4 in the team standings at the 5A Region 5 Race on Thursday at MVP North.
- Monday: 1:00pm practice at DHS Pre-meet for JV, Vigil Acceleration workout for Varsity. Manoj is having a pasta party for JV at his house 5-7pm
- Tuesday: JV Championship at Monument Valley Park North Athletes are released after 6th period to get to MVP North by 2:45 for their 3:30 Boys start and the 4:00 girls start times. Varsity practice at MVP North. Meet sheet at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4190727
- Wednesday: Whole team meeting at 3:15 in the large gym that will go until 3:45. Varsity pre-meet then Varsity pasta party at Daniel Duensing's house
- Thursday: Varsity athletes are excused after 5th period to get to MVP North by 2:00pm for their 4:00 Girls and 4:30 Boys start times. Meet sheet at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4190727
- Friday: 3:30 practice at DHS for those qualified for state.
- Saturday: 8:00am practice at Bear Creek Park East for those qualified for state.
XC Week 9
A Big Thank you to parents and kids for putting on a great Spartan Invite last week.
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30 dress for cold weather. We will have practice regardless of weather.
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:30-4:30 Pre-meet. Pasta Party 5:00-7:00pm
- Thursday: CSML Championship meet at Fountain Fort Carson. Athletes are excused at 12:45. The bus is a ONE WAY Bus and leaves at 1:00pm from the East lot. Pleas pick up your child from FFC High School at 5:15pm after the awards ceremony
- Friday: @ Doherty recovery run 3:30-5:00pm
- Saturday: @ Monument Valley Park North 8:00am-9:30am
Cross Country Week 8: Spartan Invite
We really need help this Thursday at the Spartan Invitational at Bear Creek Park East. Donations of treats for a bake sale, Gatorade and Chocolate Milk for sale are needed as well as people to work parking prior to the meet and course marshal during the races. Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. Thank you.
- Monday: @ DHS for Carver K's. It's all about that speed this week.
- Tuesday: @DHS Recovery run
- Wednesday: @DHS Pre-Meet and packing up for the Spartan Invite
- Thursday: Spartan Invite at Bear Creek East (Creek Crossing and Rio Grande, just East of 21st street) Athletes are excused after 4th period to arrive at Bear Creek by 12:30. Park at Penrose Equestrian Center Parking lot then walk over to the park. We will be giving Dr. Alex a check for $2000 after the meet during awards.
- Friday: @DHS for recovery run then off to the Homecoming Football Game
- Saturday: 8:00am - 9:30am at MVP North. We'll work around the Neilsen Challenge.
XC Week 7, 4 Meets Left Unless You Qualify for STATE
Parents, we are gearing up for the Spartan Invitational Thursday October 5. We would love to have you volunteer with us. No experience necessary. Parking attendants prior to the races, course marshals, concession donations, set up, tear down. Lots of opportunity to help us put our best foot forward. We'll be handing Dr. Alex the donation check from our August fundraiser race as well.
Monday: @ Doherty for K workout (Speed Day)
Tuesday: @ Greencrest (Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs) 3:45-5:15, 50 minute run through Palmer Park. Parents please be at Greencrest by 5:15pm to pickup your child
Wednesday: @ Doherty Pre-Meet 3:30-4:30. Pasta Party at the Cox's 5:00pm-7:00pm. Directions will be given at practice
Thursday: Canon City Meet at the Royal Gorge. The bus leaves at 12:30 from the East parking lot. Anyone who misses a Varsity workout this week will run JV at the Royal Gorge
Friday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30 Recovery run
Saturday: @Bear Creek East Park (Creek Crossing and Rio Grande) 8:00am-9:30am. Long Run. This is the location of the Spartan Invite Thursday Oct. 5
Or Saturday, Volunteer at the Colorado Springs Marathon, sign up using the link below.
XC Week 6: Cougar Classic Week
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday: @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park located at Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place 3:45-5:15
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 3:30-4:30 followed by pasta party 5:00-7:00
- Thursday: Cougar Classic at Monument Valley Park North. Athletes are excused after 6th period to find their own ride to MVP North by 2:40pm
- 3:40 Boys Varsity (9 Varsity)
- 4:40 Girls Varsity (9 Varsity)
- 5:10 Boys JV
- 5:15 Girls JV
- 6:00 Awards
- Friday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Saturday: @ RTD Park and Ride located at Woodmen and Corporate 8:00am-9:45am. We will run the Santa Fe Trail through the Air Force Academy
XC Week 5
Congratulations to Hayden Martinez for his sub 16 minute 5k, the first since 2003 for a Doherty harrier. Great work by both the boys and girls at Liberty Bell as we had many p.r.'s.
- Monday: @DHS running Carver K's 3:30-5:30
- Tuesday: @DHS Base run 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @ DHS Pre-Meet 3:30-4:30 Pasta Party 5:00-7:00pm
- Thursday: Air Academy Kadet Invite at Air Academy High School. One way bus leaves Doherty at 1:15 from the East Lot. Plan on being picked up at 6:30 at Air Academy High School. Meet sheet http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4190727
- Friday: @ DHS Pool 3:30-5:30. Bring your swim suit and towel for recovery pool workout
- Saturday: 8:00am-9:30am at Red Rock Canyon Park
XC Week 4: Liberty Bell
DIRECTIONS TO PRACTICES http://duensrm.tripod.com/dohertycrosscountry/id12.html#
- Monday: On own warm up 10 minutes, 20 minute tempo fast pace non stop anaerobic threshold, 10 minute aerobic run, 4x200 speed, 10 minute cool down, core strength
- Tuesday: @ DHS 3:30-5:30
- Wed: @ Greencrest (Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs) 3:30-5:30 http://duensrm.tripod.com/dohertycrosscountry/id12.html#
- Thursday: Pre Meet @ DHS 3:30-4:30 then Pasta Party 5:00-7:00 ath the Robson's
- Friday: Libert Bell Meet at 1401 W Geddes Ave, Littleton, CO 80120, Heritage High School, Littleton, CO. Bus leaves 12:30 from the East Lot, Athletes excused after lunch. Parents, the neighborhood will be blocked off at 3:15 for the races.
- Saturday: 8:00am @ Red Rock Canyon (Hwy 24 and Ridge Road, South side of highway in the first parking lot) http://duensrm.tripod.com/dohertycrosscountry/id12.html# Post workout recovery treats provided by Kelly Ballard.
XC Week 3
Thank you to the Martinez family for hosting the pasta party this past week. You even had the gluten free pasta going. This week the Martin family will be hosting the pasta party on Thursday after practice. We'll hand out directions on Thursday. Thank you to the Valdois family for the post long run recovery drinks and snacks on Saturday at Garden of the Gods. Chocolate milk and pretzels never tasted so good. Thank you to the Robson's for hosting the annual tie dye party hosted by a Senior. Can't wait to see the cool designs.
Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30 practice at Carver
Tuesday: @Doherty 3:30-5:30 Team pictures and practice
Wednesday: @Greencrest (Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place) 3:45-5:30
Thursday: @Doherty pre-meet 3:30-4:30 pasta party at the Martin's 5:00-7:00pm
Friday: Arapahoe Invite @ DeKoevend Park, Littleton, CO Directions and times at http://co.milesplit.com/meets/286996/info#.WaMACOmQwn9
The bus leaves at 1:15 and will arrive back around 9:00pm. Let us know if you are driving your child up and or back.
Saturday: 8:00am long run at Garden of the Gods North parking lot (Kissing Camels)
XC Week 2
Thank you for helping us host the scrimmage and benefit run. What a great experience.
- Monday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @ Greencrest (Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place) 3:45-5:30
- Thursday: @ Doherty 3:30-4:30 Pre-Meet Pasta Party Location TBA
- Friday: Cheyenne Stampede at Norris Penrose Center Meet Sheet at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4190727
- Athletes excused after 5th period
- Bus leaves East Lot at 1:15
- No Bus Home, pick child up at 7:00pm
- Saturday: Mandatory practice at Garden of the Gods North Parking Lot 8:00am
XC Week 1
- Monday: First Practice, you must turn in your payment receipt and emergency form to coaches before you can practice. @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Tuesday: @ Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday: @Doherty 3:30-5:30
- Thursday: @Doherty 3:30-5:30 PARENT MEETING 6:30 IN THE GYM
- Friday: @ Monument Valley Park North Corner of Culebra and Fontanero 3:45-5:00
- Saturday: NAF 5k and Scrimmage at Monument Valley Park North Kids arrive by 6:30am. We are done after clean up of the race which is usually 10:30am
Doherty XC Where Coaches Coach, Parents Cheer, and Kids Compete
Last Week of Pre-Season Cross Country
All Paper Work Is Due Friday August 11: Turn it into the Business Office this week. No Practicing Monday August 14 without paperwork in which means no Varsity in the first meet (Pre-State at Bear Creek Park)
- Monday: Practice at 5:30pm at DHS Senior Captains lead this practice
- Tuesday: Practice at 6:00pm at Green Crest corner of Brenner Pl. and Austin Bluffs
- Wednesday: Practice at 6:00pm at DHS
- Thursday: Colorado Springs Mile at 12:25pm downtown as part of the Colorado Cycling week downtown. DHS portion of the High School competition paid for by DHS XC. If you don't run, we have practice at MVP North at 6:00pm
- Friday: Run on your own
- Saturday: Run on your own
- Monday August 14, First Day of Practice, paper work must be turned in to practice. Meet at 3:30pm on the hill
XC Week 10 No Excuses. The Last Base Build Week of Summer
Fall Sports Registration Begins Tuesday August 1 in the Business Office at Doherty
If going to camp you must have completed a minimum 150 miles this summer. You must be able to complete our 40+ miles we will run at camp this week as we run two-a-days. No Worries If you've talked with your coaches about this.
- Monday: Morning 25 minute run on own. Then @ DHS 6:00pm Campers bring tents sleeping bags and other supplies you want to pack on the buses overnight . We'll also run Monday night
- Tuesday: Campers leave 7:00AM in the East parking lot
- Non campers meet at Palmer Park, Greencrest Entrance (Brenner pl. and Austin Bluffs) 6:00pm-7:15pm 50-60 minute run with 30 minutes of hilly tempo continuous
- Wednesday: On own Morning 25 minute run, Evening 40-50 minutes easy
- Thursday: MVP North 2x 20 minutes of tempo on the MVP Course we use for our scrimmage and Cougar Classic
- Friday: Morning 25 minutes, evening 40-50 minutes
- Saturday: Long Run 80-100 minutes easy.
XC 3 weeks to go until season
- Monday: Morning 25 minutes on own. 6:00pm at Doherty
- Tuesday: @ Green Crest Entrance to Palmer Park located off Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs 6:00pm
- Wednesday: Morning 25 minutes on own. 6:00pm at Doherty (Water World Commitment)
- Thursday: @ Monument Valley North 6:00pm (Camp Registration forms and $100 due)
- Friday: Water World for those wanting to go, commit by Wednesday
- Saturday: Long run of an hour ten to an hour and a half on own
- Sunday: Recovery run
Cross Country Pre-Season Week 8, 4 Weeks until season starts
Congratulations and thank you to the 16 XC runners and two parents who helped Doherty XC win the Barr Trail Mountain Race Aid Station Challenge. We finished ahead of Palmer, Widefield, St. Mary's, and Woodland Park in that order. This is the last week to sign up for our high altitude camp in Pagosa Springs. Registration forms are found at http://dohertyathletics.org/main/teamfiles/id/35005/seasonId/4190727
Pay at Jenkins in the Doherty Business Office $100 for the four days or pay at myschoolbucks.com all payments due to Business Office and registration forms are due to coaches by Thursday July 27.
- Monday:Morning run on own 30 minutes then at DHS 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Tuesday: at Palmer Park Greencrest entrance off of Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Wed:Morning run on own 30 minutes then at DHS 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Thurs: at Monument Valley Park North 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Fri-Sunday: run on own, one of those days 65-85 minute long run
XC 5 WEEKS UNTIL SEASON BEGINS/Barr Mountain Trail Race Week
This week is the Barr Trail Mountain Race Fundraiser. We need 20 volunteers who are up for the challenge. We will work on costumes and signs Monday and Wed at practice. Bring supplies to practice.
- Monday: Morning 25 minute run on own, Evening @ DHS East parking lot on the hill 6:00-7:15pm
- Tuesday: @ Palmer Park Greencrest entrance located at Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Wednesday: Morning 25 minute run on own, Evening @ DHS East parking lot on the hill 6:00-7:15pm
- Thursday: @Bear Creek Park East located at the Park Headquarters/Offices at the Southeast corner of Rio Grande and 21st street. 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Sunday: Meet at Manitou Springs Memorial Park at 5:00am. three vehicles will drive us and supplies to the spur/trailhead. We will be back down at Soda Springs Park after the race by 11:30am
Cross Country Pre-Season Week 6
6 Weeks Until Season Starts 44-56 Miles this week
- Monday: Morning 20 minute shake out run on your own. Then @ Doherty 6:00-7:00pm
- Tuesday: RWB 4 and 7 Mile Race behind Costco on the Santa Fe Trail, find another race to run, or find a hilly run on your own.
- Wednesday: Morning 20 minute shake out run on your own. Then @ Doherty 6:00-7:00pm
- Thursday: @ Monument Valley Park North (Fontanero and Culebra) 6:00-7:15pm
- Friday-Sunday Run on your own.
XC Pre-Season Week 5
Bring running logs in Monday or whichever day is your first of the week with us.
- Monday: Morning run on your own 20 minutes. 6:00-7:15pm @ Doherty
- Tuesday: @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs, 6:00-7:15pm
- Wednesday: Morning run on own 20 minutes. 6:00-7:15pm @DHS
- Thursday: 6:00-7:15pm @ Santa Fe Trail. Meet in the park and ride parking lot on the Southwest corner of Woodman and Corporate Drive
- Friday-Sunday run on your own.
XC Pre Season Week 4: 8 Weeks Until Season Starts
get all your friends to come out. All who are interested in XC this season are invited to come out and run. Bring family and friends. Base runs are in full swing. You should be hitting 30-50 miles a week.
- Monday: @ Doherty 6:00-7:15pm Meet on the hill in East parking lot
- Tuesday: @ Palmer Park Greencrest Entrance located at the corner of Austin Bluffs and Brenner Place 6:00-7:15pm
- Wednesday: @ Doherty 6:00-7:15pm . Then Watermelon and Smores at Daniel Duensing's house.
- Thursday: @ Monument Valley Park North (MVP) located at the corner of Culebra and Fontanero 6:00-7:15pm (It's where Fontenero dead ends at MVP.
- Continue running Friday-Sunday on your own or with friends.
XC Pre - Season Week 2
Garden of the Gods Aid Station Challenge Week. Bring your Appropriate Doctor or Nurse costume this week to practice. Coaches have bought the wigs for you to wear. Our theme is "Stayin Alive/ Disco Doctors" The Bee Gees will be our music selection. WE NEED 15 VOLUNTEERS TO DRESS UP AND SERVE UP WATER AND GATORADE.
- Monday-Thursday @ Doherty Bring paints, markers, and poster boards. Poster making for Sunday's Race. 5:00PM-6:00PM Poster making. 6:00-7:00 workout
- Sunday Meet at 6:00AM at The "P" parking area next to the Ute Trail North of Ridge Road and on the East side of the park refer to map file:///C:/Users/family/AppData/Local/Temp/printable_hiking_map.pdf This Aid Station is called Ridge Road Aid Station.
- Awards will be given out at Rock Ledge Ranch by 10:00am.
- Car Pool if you can.
Cross Country Week 3 Pre Season Congratulations to the Spartan Harriers for a 2nd place finish at the Garden of the Gods 10 Mile Aid Station Challenge. This was our first TEAMBUILDING Activity of the Summer and our first fundraiser of the summer Thank You for your continued support of Doherty XC Monday: @ DHS 6:00-7:00pm Tuesday: @ Greencrest entrance to Palmer Park located at Brenner Place and Austin Bluffs. 6:00-7:15pm Wednesday: @ DHS 6:00-7:00pm Thursday: Skysox dirt parking lot NorthEast side of stadium Charlotte and Barnes roads 6:00-7:15pm "We Won't Be Outworked" Make sure you are logging your runs and are running six days a week.
This week is not only Homecoming, it is also the week of the Spartan Invitational Cross Country Meet Thursday October 5. We could use your help. Here's how you can help.
- Volunteers from 8:00am-Noon for setup,11:00-4:30 to hand out packets to teams and to organize awards, Noon-2:00 to work parking, 1:00-4:30 as Course Marshals, 1:00-4:30 to work the finish line chute, 4:00-6:00pm for clean up
- Donations for sale:
- Cases of gatorade and/or cases of individual bottles of chocolate milk
- Tasty baked goods like Rice Krispy Treats, Giant individually wrapped cookies.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out and return the form your child was given on Friday.
Donations and worker meeting Wednesday October 4 at 4:30 East parking lot near the shed.
XC Week 1 Off Season
- Summer workouts are posted under "Files" within the xc website
- We have a 500 mile club and a 300 mile club. If you complete the "Elite" summer workouts you will average over 7 miles a day and reach 500 miles. If you complete the basic summer plan you will average over 4 miles a day and reach 300 miles.
- You will need to keep a journal and have it signed by a coach once a week unless you are out of town. You will also have parents sign off on runs you take outside of ones with us.
- We will run Monday through Thursday nights 6:00. We will post locations of practices on this website each week. We will meet week 1 at Doherty on the hill off the East parking lot.
- You must have 150 logged miles by July 25 in order to go to camp with us the first week of August.
- We need volunteers for the Garden of the Gods Aid Station Challenge. We will take a list of those Weeks 1 and 2
Colorado Springs Marathon Volunteers
Saturday September 30
5:30 AM Water Station
Register and sign the waiver
You will get a Marathon Volunteer Shirt and a Doherty XC Shirt
Today's Canon city meet is canceled. We will practice 3:30-5:30 today