Air Force Open Info and Registration Located Under Track Team Files @
Two weeks from today, we’ll again be hosting our Annual Air Force High School Open Indoor Track Meet on Friday-Saturday, February 2-3. We’ve expanded this meet to a 2-day meet due to the large number of entries (750+) we had in 2017. Some of the features of this meet include:
- Top-flight competition from around the US on a first-class indoor facility;
- EVERY competitor receives a quality “Air Force Open” long-sleeve t-shirt;
- First class award—watches (!) to event winners;
- Special awards (4) to top performers in the boys and girls track & field events;
- All competitors not representing a club team will be competing unattached, i.e, not representing their high school;
- USATF registration is NOT required.
I’ve attached a “flyer” to this message, and you can find more complete information HERE
Having completed our recruiting of current High School seniors, we’re now beginning to recruit High School juniors. If you have and Juniors that have met or you expect to meet the performances on the attached sheet (“Recruiting Standards”), please ask one of our Coaching staff for a questionnaire for that young man or woman to fill out and leave with us.
Finally, we’re pretty proud of the large number (14) of our team members who are products of the Colorado High School system. They are:
- TERRELL BRADFORD, Sophomore Sprinter from Palmer High School, Colorado Springs;
- GARRETT COALSON, Junior Shot Putter, Discus Thrower from Eaton High School, Eaton;
- NICOLE HAHN, Senior Distance Runner from Ralston Valley High School, Arvada;
- MEGAN IRVINE, Junior Sprinters from Thompson Valley High School, Loveland;
- SCOTT JOHNSON, Freshman Distance Runner from Legend High School, Parker;
- DREW LESTER, Freshman Distance Runner from Palmer Ridge High School, Monument;
- MARIA METTLER, Freshman Distance Runner from Air Academy High School, Colorado Springs;
- MIGUEL MOLAS, Junior Sprinter from James Irwin Charter School, Colorado Springs;
- ZAC PETRIE, Senior Middle Distance Runner from Valor Christian High School, Highlands Ranch;
- NOAH RILEY, Junior Middle Distance Runner from Lakewood High School, Lakewood;
- PRESTON ROCHE, Junior Middle Distance Runner from Poudre High School, Fort Collins;
- JACKSON SPALDING, Senior Discus Thrower from Discovery Canyon Campus, Colorado Springs;
- GIULIANNA VESSA, Senior Middle Distance Runner from Ralston Valley High School, Arvada;
- CONNER WILBURN, Senior Middle Distance Runner from The Classical Academy, Colorado Springs.
Best of luck as you begin your own 2018 season, and we hope to see you at the Air Force Academy 2 weeks from today.
// Ralph L //
Head Men’s and Women’s Track & Field Coach
US Air Force Academy
Track Pre-Season Week 2
- Monday: Run on your own, 20-30 minutes, 10 minutes of abs
- Tuesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Wednesday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Thursday: @Doherty 3:20-5:00
- Friday: Run on your own 20-30 minutes easy
- Saturday: Recovery or pre-meet
- Sunday: Off or USATF All comer meet at Air Force Academy Field House. You must be a member of USATF to register for this meet. Registration link and schedule of future USATF meets are at the following: http://colorado.usatf.org/Youth/Youth-Upcoming-Events.aspx
Pre-Season Track Week 1
Welcome to the 2018 pre-track season. Our purpose in pre-season is to get faster, stronger, flexible, and more knowledgeable about our events. We will be posting our schedule each week on this site along with reminders for the upcoming Spring track season. All indoor meets are unattached and are to be signed up for and paid for by the athlete. We will not be competing in the indoor meets as a team. Meet in the weight room each day at 3:20.
- Monday: 3:20 in the weight room. Wear warm up pants and tops, gloves, and hat as we will be running outside most days. Pick up in the East lot 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 3:20 Hill day for team and/or technique for field events
- Wednesday: 3:20 Weight room General Conditioning as a team. Entries due if you are competing in Gunnison on Saturday https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html
- Thursday: 3:20 Weight room Technique specific work with individual coach
- Saturday: Western State Indoor Meet in Gunnison https://www.directathletics.com/meets/track/47258.html entries are due by Wednesday.
No pre season track Monday. See you Tuesday.